THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archie - Bulldog type -

Go down 
+12
angelpaws
SJC
Cooper2007
divadon
cgately
kpatchin
H
kmason8282
gaynor
dolittle
pyrotech
sharon
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:40 am

Glad Archie is ok and recovering from his 'Tennis Ball' op... thumb up

Love the photo's of him and your chi playing.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Archie is back with us and at the moment staying with Auntie Heather and Uncle Phil and their gang (you will see him with our very own and very handsome Mr Bruno)

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 18ce9ddc

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 Ee362df6

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 1e647f93

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 C0129963

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 F4e78796

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 F5b23547

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 Ff498183

Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Bless him! Fab pics cool
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:06 am

These pictures are great gold tooth

Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:41 am

The photos are lovely, is he back for training or rehomong????
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:44 am

They're fostering him for a bit big smile
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:47 am

As long as he's having fun Wink
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:17 pm

archie has really settled well, considering the number of changes this wee fella has had in his life. He likes all the dogs here at home and more importantly all my guys like him. One of my staffs experiences a level of fear around new dogs but he took to Archie really well. Archie has been great with every dog we have met out on walks and plays to the level of the dog he meets. He is gentle when playing with us humans and loves a cuddle. love1

He has had a couple of accidents indoors but I think this is more not knowing the schedule than any more permanent issue.

He walks well on the lead but does have a very keen interest on certain motor bikes. If he were able , he would chase them. We are working on this and have all ready taken him down to a bike rally and with the help of some really great bikers , had him around lots of machines starting up and pulling off. We will need to repeat this with him regularly.

Archie loves food and I have to use a gobble bowl to slow him down. He has on a couple of occasions been possessive of his food but we are also working on this.

We are really enjoying having this fella with us but really hope that a permanent forever home is coming his way. He really deserves it. please1
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Thank you for the update Heather and huge thanks to you Phil and the gang for taking him under your wings
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:51 pm

lovely update gold tooth

Good boy Archie xx

And well done Heather & Co thumb up
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 am

Fantastic photo's of Archie!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Archie Update   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 am

Archie has continued to settle well. He initially barked when we went outside or left the house but this has ceased. He barks to come out in the garden but thats because he wants a play and not anxiety led.

He has had no further accidents in the house. He continues to walk well and has met everydog with health dog manners and respect. He stays away from small dogs that get over excited and bark a lot at him.

Archie was displaying some guarding of his food bowl at meal times. He will now accept us standing next to the bowl and spoon feeding quantities of dinner to him. Next step is taking the bowl away whilst eating. I am positive he will learn to accept this as he has progressed so far and very quickly.
Archie has no issues sharing toys, treats, chews etc. and he is gentle when he plays.

Archie doesnt particularly like mornings! gold tooth infact, he likes sleeping and sometimes has to be coaxed out of bed for a comfort break either before bed or first thing.

He likes a chat and has a range of sounds that he uses to "talk" to you.

We took Archie to Ramsgate and Margate this week. He sat outside a cafe with us and was calm and friendly with everyone we met. He travels well in the car and is just one of those dogs that you can take everywhere with you.

Archie shows some bulldog type stubborness, if he doesnt wanna pee in the rain, you are gonna be there for some time convincing him! But, he is actually a clever dog who is very keen to please and learn. He will make a lovely companion and keep any new family amused.

Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:32 am

Sounds like he s doing really well. Keep up the good work! Fingers crossed for Archie and a forever home. crossed
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:23 am

So proud of Archie . today he allowed me to place food in his bowl, move it and use my hands to stop him eating from the bowl! What a star!

He is so ready for his fowever home, whoever gets Archie will be getting a fantastic dog :pet:
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 am

FANTASTIC! fantastic

Good work Heather thumbs

We knew you could do it Archie!! xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 am

Well done Heather and Phil and very well done Archie big smile
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

PostSubject: Archie Update   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:51 am

this fella is such a good boy , he is so keen to learn to do the right thing. We can now move his food bowl around, he is eating more slowly and has shown no guarding around his food. yesterday, I was chopping some chicken carcasses (as you do) and was called away to deal with the neighbours escaped dogs. I left a whole chuck cascass on the side, easily within reach, (bad fosterer!) when I returned, Archie had not touched it, he was dribbling loads, but hadnt taken a morsel big smile

Archie walks well on the lead, he can start off a bit pully but with a few gentle reminders, he falls back by your side. He is still interested in motor bikes but with time I am certain this will lessen. Archie likes a good walk, he's a dog who will need at least an hour a day and playtime too.

We have met no dog he dislikes, a few have been reactive to him and his bulldog stare but he just backs away if this is the case.

Archie is an affectionate boy, he loves a massage and a cuddle. He loves his sleep and settles well when we go out.

Archie is a sound boy who just needs a family who will be fair and consistant with him. I hope he finds this soon so that he can settle finally blow kiss
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 am

Naughty foster Mum leaving the chicken, hope the neighbours dogs were caught and are OK

This boy has so much to offer I hope a home comes along for him very soon
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 am

Archie does have so much to offer. He "hurt" his paw today on a prickly weed in the garden. tthe first thing the big lump did was come running up for a hug straight away, some scary bulldog ,he is Wink

the escaped dogs were fine, they went off on a jolly up the road, a great dane, labradoodle and miniture dachshund, chasing the local cats! they dont harm them at all, just like the fun of it gold tooth
Back to top Go down
tomnemma
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
tomnemma

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 pm

he is one hansome boy and hope he gets his forever home soon...
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

PostSubject: Archers   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:19 am

what can I add about Archie, he is just a lovely boy . He is more and more relaxed around his food, the pace of eating has slowed we are able to place our hands on and in the bowl when he eats. I have an area near us that is completely fenced in but where he can run along a track for about 2 miles. When off lead here his recall is really good. There are rabbits and sheep on the other side of the fencing and although curious he is not focused on them. We are still working on his like of bikes, so are giving him lots of road walks. Archie is always keen to greet young children, especially boys, so clearly has happy associations there.
Archie loves playing, he is very nimble and can jump a good height, luckily he has good judgement . He also LOVES sleeping, more than any other dog I have had. He is the youngest here sleeps the most, rising at the last possible moment in the morning gold tooth Archie is so ready for his forever home now. I feel sad to see him settling so very well as I know he will have to go through another change, but it will be so good to know that he will find his forever home. blow kiss
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 am

Archie visited The Brook Cainine Hydrotherapy Centre last night for a swim:

Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8JlIZSxyIw&feature=plcp

More about The Brook here: http://www.thebrookcaninehydrotherapycentre.com/
They've been great with our dogs and I'd highly recommend them
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 am

It is so kind of the Brook to let the dogs go there

Looks like Archie has a great time bless him
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 5:10 am

I had a lot of fun with Archie this weekend, he has come so far in his training we went on a couple of long walks and he is good as gold. Why hasn't the right people come along for you????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archie - Bulldog type -
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4