THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archie - Bulldog type -

Go down 
+12
angelpaws
SJC
Cooper2007
divadon
cgately
kpatchin
H
kmason8282
gaynor
dolittle
pyrotech
sharon
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

Archie - Bulldog type -  Empty
PostSubject: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 am

6 months old male was going to vets to be PTS as played to rough with the children, children still wanted to keep him but mum worried, vets made us aware of Archie and asked us to help

Archie - Bulldog type -  E0cec1e0

Archie - Bulldog type -  39ecbbd8

Archie - Bulldog type -  9388192f

Archie - Bulldog type -  13c8510b

Archie - Bulldog type -  C82fca73

Archie - Bulldog type -  847d7684

Archie - Bulldog type -  D36457d4

Archie - Bulldog type -  54ddb6c5

Archie - Bulldog type -  Bbf05278

Archie - Bulldog type -  Cf711e89

Last edited by sharon on Wed May 30, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 am

Archie will be castrated before he leaves us

Archie has not had any proper training

He is house trained
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:42 am

Hopefully this guy will be easy to place. What were the kids made off?
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:34 am

He is just being a puppy Ian if the kids play rough so will he just needs to learn what he should have been taught from the moment they got him Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 am

No arguments from me on that Sharon, what is he Bulldog x ?
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 am

Hey handsome boy big smile
Look forward to meeting you later Archie love1
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 am

pyrotech wrote:
No arguments from me on that Sharon, what is he Bulldog x ?

They said AB think
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:35 am

Possibly, the AB is really just another "mongrel" breed. or as they put it cross breed for vigour? The stance instantly brings to mind 2 dogs, Bulldog and English bull Terrier, but the skull shows no EBT characteristics.

So brought as an AB is more than likely, but to me AB's are merely Bulldog crosses, just as PBT are staffie crosses.

Most AB's of the so called standard type look like boxers...!!!!!!! all three forms seem to have lost that broad stance seen in this pup.

I would bet there are no papers from any recognised org.

Still if we assume its either the basic characteristics are the same.

Back to top Go down
gaynor
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
gaynor

Job/hobbies : dogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogs

PostSubject: Re:Archie   Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:37 am

He`s a Johnsons type AB

Why do you buy an AB puppy and then complain that it plays rough????? zip

I give up with people Rolling Eyes shoot

:
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am

Now I was thinking Bones was Johnsons so was thinking him Hines now I need to go and look them both up again

But yes Ian I say they are mongrels

Now put a mastiff in front of me I know what type they are :laughing
Back to top Go down
kmason8282
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kmason8282

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 am

Based on images I have seen many moons ago I think, based on picture, Victorian Bulldog

Did a quick google search and found:
http://www.victorian-bulldog.co.uk/gallery/
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 am

Found this about the differents types

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/

I think what ever he is called deep down they are cross breeds touch of Heinz 57 rofl

But hey dog needs home that is what he is big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 2:06 am

Off to the vets with Archie in a moment, more Christmas baubles for the tree big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:47 am

So far what I have noticed about Archie

If he meets a reactive dog he will try and get away from it, friendly dogs he wants to play with

Met a cat in the vets and wanted to play with it when it hissed he just moved away and looked for something else to do

In car to start nightmare wanted to come upfront with me, but after 10 minutes settled and just looked out of the window

Has had no lead training or been taught any manners,

Excitable dog but nothing bad about him just needs training
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:14 am

sharon wrote:
Off to the vets with Archie in a moment, more Christmas baubles for the tree big smile

If that is an attempt at humour it has failed. thumb down You women are worse than the Queen of Hearts. na na
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 am

pyrotech wrote:
sharon wrote:

If that is an attempt at humour it has failed. thumb down You women are worse than the Queen of Hearts. na na

rofl rofl rofl Where's your sense of humor Ian rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:24 pm

This little nutter is still waiting for a home
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Love this soppy little fella.

He's such a cutie!

And he has the wobbliest bum in the world when he walks! laughing

Archie walks pretty well on the lead, hes friendly, playful, loving &
just generally full of scruminess.

Really hope some lucky person snaps him up soon love1

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Archie's assessment

Dogs Name: Archie Breed: Bulldog X Sex: M Age: 6 mths Date: 07/12/2011
SITUATION Dogs reactions
Person casually walks past dog while dog is eating (meal or special food) Archie shows no unwanted signs around food
Person tries to pick up bowl while dog is eating (meal or special food) Archie will carry on eating until the bowl is out of his reach, but shows no unwanted behaviours
Person tries to pick up food that has fallen to floor while dog is trying to reach it Archie will rush towards the food, but once it is covered it will leave it alone and shows no signs of aggression
Person tries to touch or take away high value food that dog is eating or holding Archie will try to run away with the item, but once you catch him he easily gives the item up without showing any aggression
Person tries to touch or take away a toy that dog is playing with Again Archie will run off with the toy and once you catch him he will easily give it up
Person reaches hand towards dog Archie sees hands coming towards him as have a stroke, and he appears to love affection
Person reaches over dog’s head Same as above
Person tries to put on leash and/or collar Archie can become very excited and jump up but doesn’t show and aggression
Person grabs at dog’s collar or neck Archie shoes neither aggression or appeasing behaviours
Person pulls on dog’s collar or neck Same as above
Person hugs dog around neck

Archie gets very excited and tries to jump up, but shows no aggression
Person pushes down on dog’s back Archie will go into a down and roll onto his back, showing appeasing behaviours
Person pushes down on dog’s rump Archie will wiggle his bum and get excited
Person tries to get dog to lie down by voice command Archie is just learning this command, so after a few attempts he will go into a down
Person tries to get dog to lie down by physical pushing Archie will easily go into a down, and then roll onto his back while showing appeasing behaviours
Person tries to get dog to roll over on its back by physical manipulation Archie will roll onto his back his very little effort and again shows appeasing behaviours
Person tries to groom dog’s head , torso, or legs (ie other than feet) Archie sees grooming as a game and tries to play and mouth the brush
Person touches dog’s feet or uses comb or scissors on dog’s feet Archie sees prolong periods of touch as a game and can become very excited, trying to jump up and mouth your hands
Person clips or tries to clip dog’s toenails Same as above
Person tries to bathe dog, including towelling off after bath Not Tested
Person tries to open dog’s mouth Archie sees this as a game becomes excited and tries to mouth
Person stares into dog’s eyes Archie has no issues with eye contact and will hold it for several seconds, but does show either aggression of appeasing
behaviours
Person shouts loudly near dog

Archie will look in the general direct of the shouting but isn’t bother and shows no unwanted behaviours
Person threatens dog with object such as newspaper or with hand Archie will cower and back away, but does not show any aggression
Person drops an object near dog Archie gets slightly startled, but will then go and investigate the dropped item
Stranger knocks on door or rings bell at dog's home Not Tested
Stranger enters house Not Tested
Stranger in house tries to pet dog Not Tested
Stranger approaches dog in car Not Tested
Stranger approaches dog on street
Not Tested
Another person touches or hugs person with dog Not Tested
Stranger shouts loudly in dog’s presence Not Tested
Dog walks past familiar non reactive dog Archie is very playful and will try to instigate a game will them
Dog walks past unfamiliar non reactive dog Same as above
Dog walks past familiar reactive dog Archie will sometimes bark back and will stand his ground, but doesn’t show real signs of aggression
Dog walks past unfamiliar reactive dog Same as above and Archie on an occasion has show submissive urination
Archie is a real puppy and needs to be taught a lot. If Archie is left to his own devices Archie has the potential to be and real handful and out of control. I do not feel Archie should be homed with any child under the age of 15 years old, but to his current over excitement and mouthing. (All these behaviours were shown at the time of this assessment conducted by Shaun Aldridge (Ruff Diamond Dog Training); however these behaviours may change in different circumstances.)
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Walking with Archie   Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:01 am

Archie or Captain Wiggles as I have nicknamed him went walking with the group last night. As usual he behaved really well. He walks with a halti and occasionally tries to rub it off in grass ( that wont work Wiggles! no ) and doesnt pull at all. He likes to see the other dogs but most of all just enjoys being out with the other dogs and walkers. He is a soppy fella who is happy to lean in for a good rub hug

I hope Archie the wiggler gets a home soon x
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:13 am

I love this boy he is soooo handsome and sweet I don't know why he hasn't been snapped up.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:49 am

Our Archie has a home!!!! happy dance
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 am

So happy for you Archie thumbs

Be good little man & enjoy your new family xx love
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:08 am

Got this

Quote :
Archie is a star. He's been told off a couple of times by Alfie but it seems to have done the trick! He's very good indoors and loves his toys. He loves the footballs in the garden and charges up and down. We've met a couple of dogs on our walks and he's been very well behaved. He learns very quickly and I think we are going to have great fun training him. Thank you Sharon and I will keep updated.

Back to top Go down
cgately
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cgately

Job/hobbies : NHS hobby: my dawgy

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 am

smashing news, way to go Archie.....
Wishing you lots of fun and hugs in your new home fantastic love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  Empty

Back to top Go down

Archie - Bulldog type -
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next