THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yogi - Mastiff

Go down 
+19
Sonanimalcrazy
Chester's mate
Cooper2007
EmmaLouise
Olivia
Mellonz
Lisa
Mike D
amanda
kellys mum
clive
mad dog lady
julie
Bill
sharon
Romeo
soraya
Dawny
vexy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:07 am

Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Cb9b2546
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:11 am

Nice to see a photo of the big lad again hearts hearts love2 love2
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

Job/hobbies : Animals..hum Animals Ohh and Animals

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:59 am

Yes it is nice seeing a Picture of Yogi its been a LOOONG time .. he looks great
Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Ellie

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:56 am

He's lovely, hope hes getting on okay question love2
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:51 am

Hello Yogie, Hi Long time no see Wink You are looking fantastic Well done Olivia, clap Yogi has come along in leap and bounds clap clap He looks alot better now than he did, I still have a photo of him on by phone not long afater he came to LBDR. Must get Clive to help me get it on here.
Back to top Go down
Olivia
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:46 am

Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 55385 , Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 55385 and Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 959101 for the comments! Especially you Angie! Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 322853

I cannot believe it has almost been a year since we got him - time has really flown in some respects, and yet I often feel as though we've had him for years and years Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 156761 .

Yogi is an absolute Godsend. To non dog owners this sounds bizarre (I have been known to say this to random passers by) but to those who have dogs I'm sure this makes sense.

We've had our ups and downs, more ups than downs though and have come out of it all still smiling and untarnished to those who matter, which is good.

We have come a very long way! 1. We go wherever we like when we like, 2. He meets dogs out and about and is fine with them provided that they are sociable themselves, under control and that their owners don't go doo lally due to Yogis size and therefore panic their dogs. 3. Yogi is in love with a Rottie bitch who belongs to my neighbours sister. 4. He has met numerous dogs in controlled environments/situations without incident, 5. We are looking into getting another hound. Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 849755

I have so much to say and so much to fill you all in on, a lot seems to have changed in the last year - we're moving soon (thank God) to a fantastic house, complete with paddock for Yogi and so I'm in the midst of packing up the place and attempting to finish my book which has been on the back burner for far too long. However, the distraction was a very welcome one! Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 406157

I have to do some more packing (I cannot believe how much crap we have) but will be back asap.

Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 378694
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I totally love this post! fantastic & re moving ....... Don't! Was I time I could bear it but been there done that & packed the T shirt some where along the way! .... Book??? Do tell
Back to top Go down
divadon
Homecheck & Transport Coordinator
divadon

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:56 am

What a great update.

Good luck with the move, sounds like Yogi is going to have lots of fun in the new house with his own paddock too fantastic

D
Back to top Go down
Olivia
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:50 am

happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance happy dance

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY YOGI BEAR!!! surprised

(I'm quite emotional) blow kiss

So a year ago today we brought the slobber/cuddle monster home love and it may sound corny, but I'll never forget that drive back from Sharons. I kept turning round in my seat to sneak peeks at his yummy squidgy face. He looked back at me sometimes and I felt this funny feeling that I still feel now when I look at him.

Best thing that's ever happened to me, I'm serious. hug

He is SO different now to the dog he was then (and even then was super) and loves his home here with us. He does that whole body wag where he seems to almost have a hinge in there somewhere if you know what I mean?

So some facts about the Bear...

Favourite foods :

Fish (any) but extremely partial to salmon which he has once a week.
Green beans, yup, GREEN BEANS yes loon
Egg - which he has sometimes.

(He has a mainly raw diet)

Favourite place to lie :

He loves his crate, but he also loves lying between the TV and the sofa so that when we're watching he can keep an eye on us (I sometimes see him watching and his eyes go soft when he see me see) hug

Best 'trick' :

How gently he eats from a fork (no, not from my plate no ) He doesn't touch it once with his teeth and moves so slowly to take it with his mouth it's great to see. I should have carried a fork around with me so that when I got the morons saying that big dog = vicious dog I could have shown them that. Sounds like a strange trick I know, but it is impressive.

Best moment :

Every time I come home and he greets me.

If I hadn't packed up most of the place then I would know where my camera cable is to download from said camera to computer. This would clearly be a great time to do some sort of slideshow yes alas! I cannot do it, but will once we move.

Sigh. I'm off out for a bit now - time to get Yogis cake (yup, cake. I hasten to add it is a 'special' one from the butcher so I shall not be eating any of it myself), but hello from us (Olivia, Ross and Yogi) and Happy Gotcha Day to all dogs rehomed today everywhere.

woohoo

P.S - I just read this through on preview and almost had a tear! love2 I am very loved up wth my boy today.
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:10 am

Aww, another lovely update. I haven't been a member here long enough to have seen any pic's of Yogi, so I hope you unpack camera lead soon! I look at my Neo every day & fall in love all over again so understand the whole loved-up thing. I love the gentleness in large breeds, & the kindness goofyness ... oh shut up Chrissy they get it! zip Rolling Eyes
Good luck with your move I hope its not too traumatic.
Back to top Go down
Olivia
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 am

Chris&Neo wrote:
Aww, another lovely update. I haven't been a member here long enough to have seen any pic's of Yogi, so I hope you unpack camera lead soon! I look at my Neo every day & fall in love all over again so understand the whole loved-up thing. I love the gentleness in large breeds, & the kindness goofyness ... oh shut up Chrissy they get it! zip Rolling Eyes
Good luck with your move I hope its not too traumatic.

Hi :thanku: for the lovely reply! There should be some pics of him within this thread, but no recent ones shame As soon as we move and I unpack I know I'll find the cable and can then download the pictures we have (hundreds, so will select the best ones) clever

I know what you mean about the gentleness, so many people have been scared of Yogi due to his size, but then when I compare him to a terrier (for example, and I have nothing against smaller breeds)...well...suffice to say Yogi is a hundred times calmer, slower, less excitable etc....

All he wants to do is walk some, eat some, cuddle some fantastic

Oh Gosh the move. hit the fan it seems that although we were due to move in less than 3 weeks, and were waiting to get the contract to sign having paid fees etc...the landlord has decided to sell the property instead. what

= all of our stuff packed up, our move out date here being the 8th July...I am now scrambling to find somewhere in time. Going to see somewhere on Monday with gorgeous big garden, backing onto fields etc, but the stress levels are somewhat elevated to be honest thinking It will be fine...right? afraid

I will do a proper update asap - I need to sort us out with a house as do not want to end up living in the chuffing car laughing but am fairly laid back these days so not really panicking (give me time though). By proper update I mean detailed account with pictures woohoo

Have a great day! yes
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Happy gotcha day Yogi love1 :pet:
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:36 am

Oh my goodness, all packed up & nowhere to go! Not good! I wish you luck on Monday! I doubt living in car would be much fun at all, if yogi is anything like Neo you would most likely drown in drooool!
Hey if all else fails I have spare rooms & Dartmoor's the other side of my back garden! Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Olivia
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Chris&Neo wrote:
Oh my goodness, all packed up & nowhere to go! Not good! I wish you luck on Monday! I doubt living in car would be much fun at all, if yogi is anything like Neo you would most likely drown in drooool!
Hey if all else fails I have spare rooms & Dartmoor's the other side of my back garden! Good Luck!

Hi again you! big smile

Why thank you very much!! We go to Devon and North Cornwall a lot to surf, so know that part of the world well - whereabouts are you, you lucky thing?

Yes, it's a little bit stressful, but Yogi keeps me in check when it comes to my emotions if that makes sense? Oh God, living in the car?! rofl1 you haven't seen the car...it wouldn't work. Ever. laughing

And I totally do not want to have to squeeze in there with Yogi and Ross - not my cup of tea!!

Thank you for the good luck wishes, I am crossing my fingers and toes here. We're looking at a place which looks (in theory on paper), fairly wonderful but we'll have to see. Hopefully it is workable - the current tenants have 3 dogs in there and 10 in the garden (!!!!!) as the tenant boards I think and has kennels etc in the back there...

I shall be looking very closely and asking all sorts of questions I am sure. (I like to talk) yes

We've only been here since we got Yogi. For those of you who have moved with dogs into places that have had dogs, health wise, what do I need to look out for?

Yogi is fully up to date with jabs etc, and I am assuming current tenants will pick up any poop before they leave (a friend found in her new place that they did not and that said poops were full of worms) sick

Anything else to look out for? I haven't been in this situation before you see and absolutely do not want Yogi getting anything if it can be avoided at all costs. thinking
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Great update's Olivia thumbs
Sorry to hear about your house problems, from what I remember you have rather a small car think If all else fails we could sponsor yourself Ross and the big guy to live in there all proceeds to L.B.D.R, first one to give in pays a forefit rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 6:24 am

Olivia, Ross and Yogi.
Some pictures taken when they came to L.B.D.R Saturday.
Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Yogi1
Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Yogi10
Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Yogi5
Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Yogi7
Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Yogi6
Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Yogi5

Thanks Olivia and Ross for making the journey, so we could see what a great job you guys are doing with Yogi clap
Its so rewarding to see what a great dog he has turned into.
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Wow! I love him!!!! He is a fine looking lad for sure ... he can come & stay with me any time!! ... Oh forgot to answer you before sorry we are on edge of Dartmoor about 15 miles from Plymouth & close to Tavistock if that makes sense?

Back to Mr Handsome .. I love his expressions! How old did you say he was? .....or maybe you didn't ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yogi - Mastiff   Yogi - Mastiff - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yogi - Mastiff
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5