THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honey Bullmastiff -

Go down 
+5
kpatchin
mastifflover
pyrotech
jellyfish292001
sharon
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am

Well for the third day on the trot we went up to the Cafe in the Woods, and for the first time we put "yellow " warning ribbons on Honeys collar. So of course being a stubborn bull mastiff, she amazed us all. We also met up with a close friend and her 2 year old... again.. well I'll let the picture of that speak for themselves.

First one Strange Dog Off of Lead... No Negative response.

Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Wendoverwoods_054Medium

Then it comes back to say Hello , and we ignore it completely, deliberately in fact.

Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Wendoverwoods_067Medium

Then Just like the proverbial London bus three come along together.. And she behaved almost impeccably. and well three is a big temptation..
Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Wendoverwoods_050Medium

I've got a new friend..
Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Wendoverwoods_084Medium

I think he's indicating where we can go and cause abit of trouble.

Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Wendoverwoods_091Medium

I'm told thats where they hide the biscuits ...

Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Wendoverwoods_090Medium

Did she react, yes, a couple of times but significantly reduced, 10/100 instead of 80-90 and that spread over 90 minutes and must have been 25 to 30 dog encounters.

But there was also a change in her, when young William was there, she behaved like a Bull Mastiff doing her job... Two episodes of deep warning barking when dogs and people came into sight and she was playing with him.

I was deeply impressed with her today. You can see in her face, the message is getting home.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am

You are doing her the power of good well done big smile

Did people where you were understand the yellow ribbon or did they walk their dogs up to you to ask what they were for?
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 am

We explained it to a couple of people, one was horsey, so knew the concept from tail ribbons.
I think its a simple fantastic concept wish I,d thought it up.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:29 am

The more people that get to know about the yellow ribbon the better for everyone, I think, will see about getting something on the website and facebook page about it
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

Great foster work! clap

I know different things work on different dogs and most of you have forgotten more than I know about dogs but what has worked wonders for me is carrying a small bottle of water with a 'sports' cap, as recommended by Shaun from Ruff Diamond.

Its actually worked wonders for my two, one would go mad for play and one would just go mad so over a period of time I have sprayed it when a dog has approached and they are about to react and I now just carry it with me just in case a reminder is needed.

I keep it in a bum bag on my walks, a really good look for a 28 year old! no
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 pm

RESERVED big smile
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Whoop whoop whoopee!!! Thats fab news happy dance happy dance happy dance
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 12:06 pm

The big softy has gone off to her new family, Adam, Lizard and Ben. No doubt they will give us an update, but already had a positive email about the cat.... I, d had my fingers crossed so of course the awkward moo behaved herself....
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 am

Well done for all the hard work and fantastic news for HoneyHoney Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 18745
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 am

Be happy Honey

:thanku: Ian and Irene for all the work you put into Honey to make this possible
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:09 am

When they turned up to pick her up, she had remembered them from their visit 2 weeks earlier, and she went really excited... and from seeing her and Liz together, just know shes going to a really awful home, that will break all the rules , spoil her and mollycoddle her.... gold tooth gold tooth gold tooth
Back to top Go down
Adamjh
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Honeys new family   Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi Everyone ,
Well Honey has settled in really well so far she is crate free, we did have one up for her when she arrived but showed no desire to go in there which her fosters had mentioned so took it down & she has been enjoying her bed & the sofa to snooze between. She getting used to her new routine with us & has adapted well to it, as with alot of Bullmastiffs she is a worm digger in the garden yuk ! so we watch her to make sure she does n't dine on them lol.
We have walked her everyday & have seen the other side to this adorable cuddles queen , her fosters had prewarned us of her unsocial behaviour to some dogs but fortunately she'd been well worked on to respond to the word NO !! but that will be a work in progress for her to be tolerant to all dogs.
Her foster had also said her spark is in there somewhere & so-far one result is that shes raced around bum down wiggle wiggle like Bullys do which was a pleasure to see & also running in from the garden has just started to amuse her where she has to do a sudden brake to stop lol, we are loving our new family member & she is so loving very happy all round, thank you to Ian & Irene & all the team at LBDR we will post some pictures soon :0)
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Thank you so much for the update,

I will get her vacs card in the post to you asap, sorry meant to do it before but have been a bit busy but will get it done

Sounds like she is settling in well and look forward to photos

I am sure with you continuing with her where Ian and Irene left off you will get this sorted with her and other dogs

Thank you for giving her the chance she so deserves
Back to top Go down
Adamjh
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Honey update   Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Well I have sent pictures of her settling in on Facebook page I thought I'd sent one for here but not sure its been delivered , just been overwhelmed by the sincerity of the LBDR members on Facebook who have loved my poem so far, We will update you probably in a few months as we are probably going to enroll her in some social classes & will let you all know how she does , everything so far is gr8 & Honey is lapping up all the attention showered on her, I havent told her thats whats shes getting from now on ,love her so much she really is the sweetest girl thanks Liz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey Bullmastiff -    Honey Bullmastiff -  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Honey Bullmastiff -
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2