THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARCHIE - Mastiff Type

Go down 
+15
kayleighlawrence
Romeo
vexy
pyrotech
Angie
wadeherring
EmmaLouise
Linda
Alison
leevallins
clive
amanda
broox159
Cooper2007
sharon
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 am

Oh Archie you look well at home there and girlie to keep you company.
Be a good chap love2
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Lovely pics he looks happy, I do miss him, walking round the house with his head glued to my leg!
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 pm

How ever did you managed to get him unstuck laughing
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm

The hardest way possible walked in to the park with him on a Sunday morning and walked back out without him! Luckily picked up Joe then Corrina and Misty the same day so didnt have time to miss him!
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 am

This is my favourite pic of Arch, in the front with his seatbelt on;

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Iphone171

Do we know if he has def been adopted yet?
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:52 am

No he is not adopted yet Wade will keep you posted

Love the photo
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks Sharon is he still being fostered or is he back with you?
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Still being fostered at the moment Wade
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 am

Archie at the moment is being fostered by Ian and Irene thanks you both clap
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Dear Gilly and Sharon,

Thank you very much for delivering this obnoxious teenager,,,,,,He came out of his shell today, with a BANG...and he's adopted my daughter, how he and she fit in the chair together I've no idea---tardis technology?.

I know what you say, but he's all mastiff even if he is not one, mouthing, leaning and sitting upon one, is all the evidence I need. Front Room Upside down but he's happy, think I'm in his bad books crying Rear dog guard not quite Archie proof... shit happens

Why oh why am I doing this doh

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:27 pm

oops sorry you will sort it I am sure rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:25 pm

pyrotech wrote:
Why oh why am I doing this doh

Because you love it.....Enjoy! laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 am

Well Archie has been with us a week now, and to be honest I can't find a reason why this guy should not be homed with the average dog savvy family, yep he needs ongoing training, dont they all.

His one problem is that he has some form of contact allergy, Sharon thought it might be straw related, I think its wool. Despite getting him on meds on monday that had a beneficial effect on the effected areas, , he continued to rub and scratch and a new small outbreak occurred.

Have now removed his wool blanket bedding, the wool blanket cover on the dog couch, and his rubbing has significantly reduced and the affected areas now have no signs of inflammation or heat.

He's buddied up with Taz, aside from one minor disagreement,

His mouthing is not of a violent or aggressive nature, and a few loud yelps and dancing around the room by me and the family seem to have got the message home, human skin is a nono.

Reluctant to return to his crate, but he gets there.

no mess in house, no night time problems, no property damage, travels okay (back seat driver, I think Wade his previous foster spoiled him :-) )

Eating okay, likes his comfort, can be lazy. Can be clumsy when absorbed in his kong,

Have handled his food, and helped him get the marrow out of a shin bone with no resistance or outrage.

No evidence of abuse, unbothered by rolled papers or sticks etc.

A little bit of vocal back chat, but no real resistance,

Quite a softy really...

His eyes look a bit odd in a couple of pics, but had them vet checked and no sign of cherry eye just baggy lower lids.

Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:41 pm

I've been questioning Archie's breed. I've seen nothing bull dog in him . I was pretty certain he was mastiff x boxer type.

Well the vet reinforced that when he checked his dentition, straight off , Has he got boxer in him?

Then after talking with Sharon, suddenly a chord was struck in that brain of hers,,,,the other Archie, take a look at him, in our rehomed.....

Well no Archie in re-homed, "ahhh", Says Sharon, that's because he's Romeo (as if it was obvious,) so she sent me some links to Romeos pictures.

If they were not a year a part I'd say from the same litter, twins.

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Moresnow059

check out the likeness down to the blaze on the forehead.

Well Romeo is a corso,

I'd hazard a guess that the two came from different matings of the same two dogs.

further I'd say corso or mastiff x boxer.

Comments?

Whatever, he was a star at the vets today, flirted with a mature Cavalier King Charles, turned on the charm for the nurses, aside from his current lack of on lead manners he's a great boy.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I think I am beginning to sway to the Corso idea think thinking
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 pm

But then again he is a clown like a Boxer and as soft as some Mastiffs think thinking question question question
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:34 pm

I always thought Corso cross because he tall and skinnier like a Corso
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:08 am

Well Archies back in the wars , he had an on off limp, which I originally put down to rough housing with Taz, but as it did not clear it was back to the vets. A full exam found one toe to be inflamed , so a course of AB's , toe neither improved or worsened, and aside from a brief period of limping on occasion no other symptoms. It did not seem to worry him , as if a grass seed or puncture of some kind.

So yesterday back again to the vets for xrays, it appears the boy has had osteomyelitis in his toe or a tumour . Samples off to the lab for checking, and transferred to a bone infection specific AB. Considering his age a tumour is very unlikely but not impossible. So the prognosis, if bone infection then the AB's should clear up any residual infection. If tumour, then the toe has, in all likelihood to go.

On a plus note isn't sedation a great thing, the explosive energy of the teenager was replaced by a chilled hippy, who spend the evening cuddling on the sofa, and turned in early..... But it wore off over night.
Back to top Go down
Romeo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

Job/hobbies : old vw's, Hot rods, drag racing, walking, camping, dogs

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:54 am

Morning:D Firstly, I hope Archie is better soon the poor lad crossed
Just thought I'd let you have a look at these pics. This is a dog from the same area as Romeo (Ro won't show up on lbdr rehomed as he came to me through the cane corso uk and mollosser rescue and Sharon fostered for them before LBDR formed ). This dog in the first pics parents are known and he is a ddb x ab. I got sent the pics as the likeness was so uncanny!
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Photo010
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Phone_14
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Phone_12
now here's Romeo, what the pics don't show is how muscular he actually is.
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 39657_10150229869330277_534255276_14081329_6046686_n
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 19357_472185850276_534255276_11040700_5495604_n
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 P1010622
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 P1010628-Copy

And yes, Ro does have a left eye that goes off to market while the other is in town yes
Hope they help you with pinning down Archie's heritage big smile Oh and don't forget the Brachycephalic dentition pattern is common to the boxer, mastiff and bulldog breeds(not that that helps much in the id quest huh). I'm going to dna test Ro at some point when I have the £60 spare purely for interest. I personally think he is most likely the ddb x ab or a boxer x ddb or ab x corso. Will be posting the results up as n when I get round to getting it done big smile
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:54 am

nice pics, yep he's cetainly a bit beefer than Archie, but the vet said Archie could carry a few more kilo's but only muscle.

Can't help thinking they are related. Pic 5 the sitting one, is Archie....the blaze, the chin, the eyes....

I think the DNA idea a good one, but might confuse the machine.... The domed head in the first pics and its chunkier bulid are probably different ancestry, but the square head and blaze me think Romeo is Archies older brother....

Archie has a brain that goes off to market , when the body is in town, let alone the eyes, which do the same.

Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
kayleighlawrence

Job/hobbies : Out of hours doctors

PostSubject: Some Pics of Arch x   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A10
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A9
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A8
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A7
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A5
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A4
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A3-1
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A2
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 A1
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm

He is a lovely boy
Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
kayleighlawrence

Job/hobbies : Out of hours doctors

PostSubject: Arch & Friends x   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:09 pm

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 27
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 26
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 25
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 24
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 23
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 22
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 21
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 20
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 19
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 18
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 17
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 16
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 15
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 14
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 13
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 12
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 11
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 10
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 9
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 8
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 7
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 6
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 5
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 4
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 3
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 2
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 1
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Ha, proof Wade taught him the bad habit of sticking his head through the guard. He's not happy at the moment, being confined a bit too much to let his toe have a chance to heal.

Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Ellie

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:48 am

Lovely pics big smile big smile big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ARCHIE - Mastiff Type
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next