THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cassie & Puppies

Go down 
+21
Cooper2007
gaynor
cushti
Alison
EmmaLouise
Chris&Neo
divadon
dolittle
clive
Angie
pudding1
mrsphas
Ellie
Emmasaurusrex
vexy
Mel
broox159
landrews
cal
Sonanimalcrazy
sharon
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Dave's so good at that command - you haven't even gotta say 'play dead' lol!

Ummm didn't think Gilly would be back on tonight lol!
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Yeah well I'm still here to so just watch it lady slap
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

Job/hobbies : Animals..hum Animals Ohh and Animals

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:27 am

[img]Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 DSCF7930[/img]

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 DSCF7929

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 DSCF7924

Paul thinks we should of named him Ronnie Biggs as his nicks stuff and runs and hides .... rofl rofl rofl tease laughing laughing laughing
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:48 am

Just look at him love2 blow kiss hearts Looks like he is growing well Sonia
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:51 am

Oh wow, he's such a cutie pie, look at the face...... talk about butter wouldn't melt love2 love2 love2
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Hows the pups doing guys really missing them all

Hope their forever homes come along soon
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Dino is fine .. his ni on totally house trained during the day but of a night he isnt ... zip

He wakes up anywhere between 5.30 n 6... and he tells you his awake... big smile Wink

and his a bossy boots ... but is settled
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:44 am

Woohoo picking up Fred and Bo this weekend for fostering!
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:30 am

Nice one Wade.... best of luck with fostering them two, hope it goes good good luck
Back to top Go down
Mel
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
Mel

Job/hobbies : LBM

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:31 pm

good luck to wade, he has got Bo and Fred now.Tilly did not like having them around and was not a happy bunny.so so sad to see them go god knows what long term fostering is like!! Bo looked at me in the car as she went and it was awful.will be a regular pain in the ars,i mean visitor to wades house now!!!! woohoo
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi all can you let me know how much you are feeding the pups as I think I may be giving them too much. They are constantly pooing!
Back to top Go down
Mel
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
Mel

Job/hobbies : LBM

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

hi wade, we had upped it to about 200grams.they do constantly poo about 6-8 times a day!!!!! normally 2-3 in morn,then 2 at lunch and 3-4 in afternoon and eve.did they sleep all night.how are roxy and lily with them???playing constantly i bet!!!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:11 am

Janice and Sonia what quantity are you feeding the pups?

Thanks for all you have done for the pups Mel and thankyou Wade fir taking them on

I have asked Janice and Sonia to let you know what they are feeding Wade

Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:45 am

Hi ,

well Im feeding Dino 4 times a day .. he has 4-5 desserts spoons of the dry chudleys and 3 of arkwrights .. then 2 dessert spoons of meat in 2 meals..

at the moment he is waking at just gone 5 ..so I feed him then let him out to go the loo.. then he gets fed again 9am then 2 then last meal is 5-6pm .. after everymeal he goes the loo and then sleeps .. for a hour or so ...then has a nutty session ..

I hope this is helpful .. big smile big smile
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:25 am

That's what I wanted to check really is it normal for a pup to poo ten times a day! I've not had a young pup before.

They are getting on really well with lily and Roxy. Lily doesn't pay them much attention and roxy is struggling to cope with how mature they are (she has the mental age of a 8 week old pup!)
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:46 am

yes puppies do poo a fair bit .. Im crate training Dino .. and I think thats why he wakes us up early... zip
Back to top Go down
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:46 am

Hi

My two are on 3 meals a day - their choice. They were originally 8am - 12pm - 4pm - 8pm, but they weren't eating the midday meal, so I now feed them at these times 8am - 2pm - 8pm. I put the 2pm meal down, and sometimes, because they haven't touched it, I re-give it to them around 4pm - and again with the last one, if they don't eat it straight away.

Each puppy has about 3/4 of a small mug of Chudleys, (I've started to introduce James Welbeloved x 2tablespoons and will gradually increase as I run out of Chubleys). They have 2/3 dessert spoons of puppy tinned meat in gravy in 2 meals, and a little less in the 8pm one (they like Butchers best). Every couple of days I substitute the dog meat for a half tin of sardines in sunflower oil - and am planning to give them one half of an egg per week - so they've only had that once. They go out after every meal although I'm finding they are more likely to do their business after a sleep.

OK - so an update........

Both girls are quite shy and will back away when approached and both seem uneasy when picked up, and so have to be reassured - it isn't a problem and they are getting better each day, they don't fight to get out of your arms anymore - lol. So until they get used to a new home, I'd say that any young children should avoid picking them up, (as they do), - only because it will scare them. On the other hand, both puppies will come straight to you as soon as you call with no reservations and will snuggle up to anyone, people or dogs.
Like all puppies, Libby and Lacey will play and interact with each other and myself. My lot are dying to play with them, but both puppies are not quite ready for that yet, probably because of the noise my lot make when playing - although they will chase around with them and tend to have a chew at Diva's tail, when she's not looking - lol.

I never play with the pups without using a toy, pull rope, squeaky or whatever. Whenever they approach me, I'll make a fuss of them etc. but if they start to nip at fingers or clothes, I take my hand away, so now they know that playtime doesn't include body parts - lol and showing them at this stage is no hardship to them or me. I always thought it was a nightmare being chewed by razor sharp teeth when you were just trying to stroke a puppy, and less stressful for new owners.

Both are getting there with the toilet training, Libby more so than Lacey. They will go straight outside after meals and sleeps, and will both come outside the minute they are called. Unfortunately, sometimes playing gets in the way and puppies forget they need to go outside. But it still is early days.

I'm no expert, but I don't think there is as much staffie in them as I thought, their muscles or even shape doesn't really say staffie. Libby's head is filling out to a more squarer shape so I expect Lacey might follow. Both have that beautiful Beagle 'eye liner' and gangly Boxer knees - lol - it might sound silly, but maybe there's a little bit of Dobie in there - both have those 'Eddie Munster' masks.

Libby....

Libby is more outgoing than her sister, she is the first to attempt anything and the first to approach people. She enjoys running with the 'big dogs', and will come as soon as she's called. Libby has good food and treat manners and will happily share a chew with her sister. Since she's been here there is a marked difference between their size - Libby being the bigger of the two.

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-10

Lacey....

Slightly shyer, and tends to follow her sister. She is the braver of the two when it comes to approaching the resident dogs, and will happily stick her head in Dave's food bowl while he's still eating, she is also the first to go and lay with the dog of her choice - Libby will then follow and settle with her.

Both have lovely even temperaments and I don't think, (depending on new owners), they will grow up to be overly boisterous. Both would prefer the company of a nice friendly dog, or even a home together, because neither are displaying any dominent traits with food or toys. As for size, I can't see them growing to be even Boxer sized, but I can only judge on the Boxer pups I've come into contact with - then again Doug was a normal sized pup.

Lacey checking out Cassie, (one of my sister's dogs)...

Oooooo she's quiet........

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-5

WHOA!!!!!!!! didn't know that was gonna happen.........

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-6

Lacey rooted to the spot as a herd of Boxers' come her way.......

Eeeeek!!!!!

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-1

Thank Gawd for that!!!

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-2

Libby - happily bouncing along ........

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-3

....suddenly realises Doug, (aka the fug), is looming up behind her - lol

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay-4

Libby's turn to chase..

Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Mon-16thmay

I don't know if you noticed, but Dave is on his lead. This is because he won't let any unknown dogs' anywhere near the pups - lol He doesn't mind if his mates eat 'em though

Wink
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:51 am

Great write up and photos Janice clap clap

Strange about the picking up as they were both handled by everyone that came here and Lacey was one of the ones that I was hand rearing as well as her being on mum

It sounds like they are learning well though, think it was Funny Dave not letting anyone near but his mates can eat them rofl rofl perhaps he thinks he is Dad
Back to top Go down
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:12 am

Yeah it is strange - I don't know if Gilly can remember how they were struggling when she first got them out of their crate. Might be different environment or it could be that you were sitting down when you picked them up - dunno

....or it could be they've heard how clumsy I am - oooops there goes another one down plug 'ole gold tooth
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:17 am

Well done with the pups , clap clap you are doing a fab job with them. thumbs I am sure that the shyness and being picked up will soon fade as time goes by. crossed
I think that the photos are brill I was laughing at them, rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:40 am

Fantastic photo's Janice, love the quotes with them... nice to see the whole doggy family getting on so well and the pups enjoying playtime with the grown ups.
thumb up thumb up thumb up
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Cassie has now gone off to start her new life with her new family thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Be happy sweet girl love1 :pet: love
Back to top Go down
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Awwwww - all safe now Cassie good luck dog in car

Lacey and Libby send all their love and wish Mum a happy life love love
Back to top Go down
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
EmmaLouise

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:41 am

Well done Cassie! big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cassie & Puppies   Cassie & Puppies - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cassie & Puppies
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next