THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED Empty
PostSubject: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Sadie joined us today, some of you may remember our darling Blu the Neapolitan well he is her Dad and then we had Nikita in and Nikita is Sadies litter sister, will get some photos tomorrow lovely girl, her mum is an Akita, she comes in through no fault of her own, she is now 7 months old,

edited to add Photos

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED 4162e424

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED 7f5f7cd3

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED 986edac8

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED 605f9420

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED 3eba101c

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED B11e15a4

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED Aa2f73c4

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED 57ca4912

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED Ed1ed6e9

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED D618c98b

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED F2521eea

Last edited by sharon on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:42 pm

we actualy got a write up from the owner this time for Sadie it reads

"My name is Sadie My mum is a Japanese Akita and my dad is Blu Neapolitan mastiff I believe Blu has gone to a good home with you

I love water I have a paddling pool at home

I like settees, cuddles, children, the only badness I have experienced is a bad electric shock off of the fencing in the horse field, since electric shock I'm very scared and won't come out of the cage in the van

I have lived with my mum all the time and only parted a few hours a day, but we are now fighting over scraps of food, I eat everything and fed on complete biscuit and fresh tripe whenever I want it

The only reason I need a new home is my owner works full time and used to take me with her to check the horses after work but I don't like the open space because of my electric shock

I need someone to spend time with me I'm ready for training although I'm trained in walking, sitting, back (stay) and of course I'm toilet trained"
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Think the free feeding was the problem with the fighting over scaps of food with her mum, she will now be fed twice a day and they bowls picked up

although she is in a crate I have put Tizer in a crate next to her, fed them both in the crate and they eat is as good as gold no problems between them

I have showed Sadie electric fencing (mine does not give a shock as I do not have it connected to a battery it is just up as fencing she walked up to it no problems she walked under it no problems and she walked around the field without a problem, she has met a few of the dogs and she shows very good dog language and no issues shown at all

She asked to go out to the toilet by giving a little bark when she needed to go
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 pm

I took Sadie for a walk today and once she got over the excitement of going she settled and walked beautifully, just with a normal collar.
She loves fuss and attention and will need someone who can give her plenty of training and time.
She is still very much a puppy!!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am

Sadie will hopefully be moving to foster tomorrow big smile

Thank you Donna for all the hard work sorting out this transport run and thank you Corrie for taking Sadie under your wing I am sure you will make her shine
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 am

much to Alannah's digust she was planning on a short move to the kitchen me thinks!!!
Wink
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Dogs Name: Sadie Breed: Neo X Akita Sex: F Age: 6 mths Date: 06/08/2012
SITUATION Dogs reactions
Person casually walks past dog while dog is eating (meal or special food) Sadie appears to show no unwanted behaviours around her food
Person tries to pick up bowl while dog is eating (meal or special food) Sadie easily allows you to pick up the food and once it is out of her reach she will stop eating and go into a sit
Person tries to pick up food that has fallen to floor while dog is trying to reach it Sadie moves quickly towards the treat but once it is covered she moves away from it
Person tries to touch or take away high value food that dog is eating or holding Once Sadie had the tripe stick she run off with it but showed no issues with me taking it from her mouth
Person tries to touch or take away a toy that dog is playing with Sadie is very playful and if allowed this could be out of hand with jumping up and mouthing. Sadie will easily give up the toy.
Person reaches hand towards dog Sadie loves affection and as you move your hand towards her she comes to meet it and shows appeasing behaviours by licking
Your hand
Person reaches over dog’s head Same as above
Person tries to put on leash and/or collar Sadie can become a little excited and tries to jump up, she then again tries to lick your hands in an appeasing behaviour
Person grabs at dog’s collar or neck Sadie shows appeasing behaviours and again tries to lick your hands
Person pulls on dog’s collar or neck Same as above
Person hugs dog around neck Sadie becomes a little excitable and tries to lick your face
Person pushes down on dog’s back Sadie goes straight into the down and rolls on her back while showing appeasing behaviours
Person pushes down on dog’s rump Sadie goes straight into the sit and shows appeasing behaviours
Person tries to get dog to lie down by voice command Sadie knows this command well
Person tries to get dog to lie down by physical pushing Sadie goes straight into the down and rolls onto her back whilst showing appeasing behaviours
Person tries to get dog to roll over on its back by physical manipulation Sadie will do this as a matter of course in and appeasing way
Person tries to groom dog’s head , torso, or legs (ie other than feet) Sadie is quite accepting of the brush but again shows appeasing behaviours
Person touches dog’s feet Sadie will give paw on command and easily allow you to touch his paws
Person clips or tries to clip dog’s toenails Not tested
Person tries to bathe dog, including towelling off after bath Not tested
Person tries to open dog’s mouth Sadie will easily allow you to open her mouth
Person stares into dog’s eyes Sadie is very reluctant to give eye contact and will show appeasing behaviour
Person shouts loudly near dog Sadie will back away and do a submissive pee but once she is shown affection again she gives a lot of appeasing behaviours
Person threatens dog with object such as newspaper or with hand Sadie will hit the ground and do a submissive pee and then is very eager to appease you
Person drops an object near dog Sadie shows a slight startle response and then investigates the object
Stranger knocks on door or rings bell at dog's home Sadie shows interest and will move towards it ready to greet the person
Stranger enters house Sadie will approach excitable for affection
Stranger in house tries to pet dog Sadie loves affection and will actively seek it, but does show appeasing behaviours
Stranger approaches dog in car Sadie shows no unwanted behaviours
Stranger approaches dog on street
Sadie has no issues she can be a little over friendly and may try to jump
Another person touches or hugs person with dog Sadie shows no interest
Stranger shouts loudly in dog’s presence Sadie will show appeasing behaviours but no aggression
Dog walks past familiar non reactive dog Sadie is very playful and may look to greet that dog
Dog walks past unfamiliar non reactive dog Same as above
Dog walks past familiar reactive dog Sadie has shown no issues of problems
Dog walks past unfamiliar reactive dog Same as above
Sadie is very appeasing and I believe she has been hit; she is very eager if not too eager to please and will show a lot of appeasing behaviours. Sadie needs a strong but no confrontational owner who will correct the unwanted behaviour without damaging her confidence. It has been reported from the previous home that Sadie did show food aggression issue with another but, but both dogs were allowed to free feed. Sadie has shown no aggressive tendencies so far. All these behaviours were shown at the time of this assessment conducted by Shaun Aldridge (Ruff Diamond Dog Training); however these behaviours may change in different circumstances.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:08 pm

REHOMED big smile

BE HAPPY SWEETHEART love1
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Orin is really chuffed!!
Lucky people she's such a bundle of love!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED   Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED Empty

Back to top Go down

Sadie - Neapolitan X Akita -HOMED
Page 1 of 1