THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Max - English Mastiff -

Go down 
+15
piggywig45
Michelle-H
cozzer76
lorigirl3968
MTB79
SJC
dolittle
jo
mastifflover
divadon
Nic D
H
jellyfish292001
clive
sharon
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am

Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Bless them both! Max has a weight advantage but I suspect Micha has a brain cell advantage!
Back to top Go down
lorigirl3968
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
lorigirl3968

PostSubject: Max   Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 pm

I had the privilage of meeting the gorgeous and scrummy Max today
Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 DSC02572

Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 DSC02576

What a lovely boy with the same spacial awareness as our Diesel - can't go round you, has to go through you rofl perfect for improving your stability and reaction time rofl
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 pm

There's the big dollop of a dog, he is funny though
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 am

Max went off to his home yesterday, it is so quite here without him and I am missing him like crazy but hopefully this is just what he needs and I wish him a very happy life and pray he stays in touch
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:33 am

So good for Max be great for him to get the fuss and love he needs!
Be interesting to see who you get to fill his big old crate!!!
Back to top Go down
cozzer76
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:37 am

Big hugs Sharon, but hopefully this is the best for him, I know he was like your shadow and I though you may end up with him, although I also knew he needed someone with more time. Hopefully he is in his forever home and you will get lots of photos xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Max updates

Saturday

Quote :
Hi sharron ,

Brief update on max. He travelled well and came straight into the garden for fun and games until he zonked out. Have had no fear issues around house and he certainly isnt fearful of sofas ! He has tried them all out and his personal favorite seems to be mine right in front of tv! Do you have any non treat related tricks to move the oaf ? As I type he is laying down waiting for me to get up and free the sofa :)

Will give you an update tomorrow

Steven :)

Sunday

Quote :
Hi sharron,

Well max first full day almost over. He was very good last night and slept in the hall with honey.

He was up at 6 having a treat on the patio. He then sat in the van watching me clear out the garage, which he enjoyed. ( he likes to know what's going on )
Then into the back garden for a hose down shampoo and brush, all went well.

Out came the petrol mower and the lawn was mowed. He was good with mower and at one point we had a max shape on the lawn as I had to mow round him!

30 mins of training followed which went well. This seemed a good time to unleash his nemesis , the bike!, he was jumpy at first , and had a woof as I cycled round the lawn but after 10 mins was eating ham from me as I was on bike, so some progress.

We have had no problems with sofas, he knows there out of bounds unless invited. The funniest thing now being that he sits on them as a human would , bum first with feet on the floor.

The highlight of the day for max was undoubtedly dinner time, roast with the trimmings which he waited very patiently for. He seems to learn the boundaries from honey.at the moment he's zonked out on floor by my hoping that farting soon becomes an Olympic event.

More tomorrow

Steven : )

Way to go Max look forward to more updates

Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Fab news for Max!

Pictures please!!!
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 am

Well done Maxi gold tooth

So happy for you & will miss you loads

Be good big guy xx
Back to top Go down
Michelle-H
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:00 pm

big smile Great reading that Max has settled so well already ! Way to go Max !!! gold tooth

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Sorry to report that Max is back with us tears

There were 3 teenage boys in the home and one and Max did not really take to each other shame

He is a bit shell shocked at the moment but we hope in time we do find the right home for Max

So sorry Max it did not work out for you
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Max, I'm gutted for you tears

Ya plonker xxx
Back to top Go down
piggywig45
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
piggywig45

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 am

What a shame, silly boy Max...that is sad news crying He is back with LBDR and in safe hands so all is well.Big hags to all
Back to top Go down
cozzer76
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 am

What a shame for the big lump.
He may of needed time to adjust and settle, its hard when you have kids. Hopefuly the next one will be his forever home xx
Back to top Go down
steve001
LBDR Member
LBDR Member

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 am

Aww what a shame for the big fella give him a big hug from us hug hug

steve and charlie
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 am

Took Max out walking this weekend, I chickened out and just did laps of the field, Graeme thought that was too boring and took him down the bridle path all was well until 2 land rovers came down the track, they slowed to a crawl and Max laid down and then the rodeo startedMax - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 720741cars and Max were fine I just wish I had a camera.
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:50 am

laughing shouldnt laugh really but Max + cars can be quite entertaining rofl
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Didnt walk him while I was there and he was very barky when in his crate but when out was a big softie and got a nice cuddle!
Back to top Go down
jo
Committee member
Committee member
jo

Job/hobbies : DOG GROOMER

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 pm

He certainly is big and brave when he is in his crate but let him out and he instantly turns into a massive puppy and snuggle monster (although I have to admit the best bit was when jan went outside with him and he turned into bambi and nearly had her over!!! And just to be clear I would NOT have laughed.................................... Much!!!!!!) rofl
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Max is now in a home, I miss him so much but am really happy for him

Try you best to be brave Max and try also to be good, love you always and am here if ever you need me big lad love
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Good Luck Max crossed good luck
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 am

big hugs Sharon, I know how much you loved the big lump and I'm sure he will always have a huge soft spot for Aunty Sharon! hug
You have done such a great job for him
xx
Back to top Go down
piggywig45
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
piggywig45

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 pm

What lovely news clap Max sure is lovely. Be a good boy happy dance
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:10 am

Great news! clap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max - English Mastiff -    Max - English Mastiff -  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Max - English Mastiff -
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next