THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD

Go down 
+9
SANDY A
dukeii
Ellie
Angie
EmmaLouise
cal
cushti
Chris&Neo
vexy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Empty
PostSubject: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 pm

As some of you may know Duke was looking for a new home so he has come to us & the wonderful Janice has taken him under her wing, so Duke is now in foster in the Essex area.

Duke is believed to be a DDB but possibly a DDB x Great Dane & he will be 3 in October.

Duke can be quite timid, he is very comfortable with people he knows both children & adults, but can be very unsure of men. He has never displayed any kind of aggression, but his nerveousness can be off putting to some people.

Duke has lived happily with a cat, he is fantastic with other dogs both small & large, Duke is not distructive & he is happy to be left alone for reasonable periods of time.

Duke is neutered, vaccinated & microchipped

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD S8301435

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD S8301440

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD S8301461

thanks Janice not worthy
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:41 pm

size=24][/size]Awww Duke is a dude! Duke - DDB/DDB x GD 27883 I love him!
Back to top Go down
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Never been found guilty of being 'wonderful' - shifty/dodgey etc. errr yeah lol!

Soooo....

I took Diva with me when I picked Duke up, Charlotte brought him out of the house to meet her and he was very polite and gentle. We went into the house and out to the garden, where both dogs turned into puppies, he wasn't forceful, possessive or even heavy pawed with her - she did all the 'play' growling, which I daresay he'll learn before he leaves me - lol.

Duke was great on the way home, he spent most of the time looking out of the window. I'd left Dave at my Mum's so that he and Duke could meet before I took him home to meet my other two females. Dave's been a bit wary of bigger dogs after a bit of a run in with one and I didn't want him to get bolshy cos he felt a bit intimidated by Duke's size. But Duke obviously doesn't give out any negative vibes and the following pictures were taken within an hour of him meeting Dave and the two girls.

I fed Duke with the others, but he wasn't very keen, not even with the sardines in oil - lol He ate about half of his dinner, but only after I sprinkled grated cheese on top - although he did eat some treats afterwards. He's been going in and out of the garden, but only because he's too unsure of his standing with the others, so he's laying in the kitchen, too shy to come in the room where we all are - I do call him in, but he only stays for a few minutes before going out again. I'm hoping he'll come in on his own steam later.

So all in all Duke is doing well. He does feel lost, but I suppose that's to be expected - at least his tail is wagging and although shy, he's interacting well with the others. He isn't overly confident and I didn't want to stress him out any further, so I'm sleeping downstairs tonight, just to give him a bit of company.

Which has worked ok because he came into the lounge at about 3.35am and is now blowing zzzzz's as I type. This is the first time he's slept so he is relaxing a bit woohoo

P.S. Have got to say that Duke is a credit to Charlotte - a well mannered, gentle giant.

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-1

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-5

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-6

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-3

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-4

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-7

Back to top Go down
cal
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cal

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 am

HEHEHE Duke is trotting off with the ball as if to say "suckers, u keep looking u wont find it!!" He is absolutely gorgeous. hearts
Back to top Go down
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
EmmaLouise

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 am

Pictures are absolutley stunning. Oh, I am in love! Well done everyone!
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:13 am

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl They are not still there looking for the ball.
I see Duke had a glint in his eye rofl rofl rofl
Brillient photos.
Well done for taking in this poor lost soul.
Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Ellie

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 am

He is gorgeous, It must have been so heartwrenching for his owner and my thoughts are with her!
Back to top Go down
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Duke's former owner Charlotte is really upset over having to give him up, and I'd be equally upset if I were in the same position.

He is well mannered, aware of his size, which, as you all know is a bloody rare trait in a large breed - lol Charlootte said he had helped to cure lots children who were fearful of dogs, and I can well believe it after seeing him today with the little girl who lives across the road, as she walked towards him - he actually sat down and waited for her to approach him. No attempt to lick, paw her or even stand up. Dave can only keep still for 30 seconds before he's compelled to slobber over a child and Diva immediately goes straight in for the french Boxer kiss.
I left him with two of my dogs for just over an hour today with no problems. He has eaten today, he has complete dog meal biscuit things in the morning and tinned meat and biscuits in the evening. He isn't a big eater and he's not food orientated, he takes treats very gently and if a treat is on the larger side , he opens his mouth and you have to throw it in - lol

His recall is excellent and he'll chase a ball, bring it back and drop it on command. Diva likes to chase a ball, so I took two with me. When one went missing, (as per usual), Duke quite happily shared the other one with Diva, showing no animosity or possession issues.

I have so many great pictures of him, I don't know what to post, so I'll have to put some together.

P.S. I don't know why I'm saying nice fings about this boy......

because his MINE......................
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:59 pm

surprised He's a foster! lol!
Back to top Go down
dukeii
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
dukeii

Job/hobbies : full time mum & student

PostSubject: my baby   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Hello to every1 that has had the privilage of seeing & hearing about my lovely Duke that has now been fostered by the wonderful Janice. Wink

Duke is all of the things that janice has written & more & i know that he will make a family so very happy. He was, is & always will be the only man for me, infact im crying now as i write this.
He is soft gentle loving & loyal through & through. He loves to play & be spoken to like he was a child lol.....
Thank you to the LBDR & every1 for your comments & especially Janice. xxxx

To Duke, We love you, always will. be a good boy & put on your best suit for the lucky family that have the pleasure of rehoming you.
Lots of love, hugs & kisses mummy, chloe & oliver

tears
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:17 pm

tears You have bought a tear to my eye Charlotte, I can only imagine the pain you are feeling & I know how much you love Duke.

I think you are very brave to even come on here right now, as you can see Janice is taking good care of him but I really don't think he will be waiting very long for his new family as everyone that see's his photos is falling head over heals in love with him.

You did a great job with this big boy & you should be proud hug
Back to top Go down
SANDY A
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
SANDY A

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I for one have fallen head over hells in love with Duke love2
Keep coming on just to look at him as he is so much like my boy Troy who sadly past christmas
he is like looking at his double.....Duke sounds just like Troy was in every way,Troy was a DDB xGD
and was also timid around men but loved other dogs,i'm very interested in adopting Duke and am just
working on the other half,that's if he hasn't got a home lined up already?

Charlotte i really feel for you and you have been so brave and done the best for your boy
sending my love to you and your children x

Sandy xx
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:46 pm

He has loads of interest already, including my hubby (& me if I'm honest) but no room at the inn here I'm sorry to say.

Just wait til Janice puts up the new pics of him hearts
Back to top Go down
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:54 am

Can't add to that love

So here's another Duke overload....

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-day2-7

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-day2-hc-2

Great with females...

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-day2-hc-4

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-day2-hc-1

Great with males...

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-day2-hc-9

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Duke-day2-hc-8

Can't fault him no1

Charlotte, it's because you, Chloe and Oliver have put so much into his care and upbringing that he'll make any family proud. So when you do get a bit low thinking about him remember you couldn't have given him a better gift, you really have done him proud

hugs
Back to top Go down
cal
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cal

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 am

Bloomin eck guys, im already feeling tearful waiting to take Layla the vets, then i read them posts and now im all blurry eyed. What Janice wrote was lovely, and Charlotte, well that was equally lovely.
I cant add to anything that was said, other than he is a handsome, gorgeous lad and he'll be in that forever home very soon, how could anyone resist.. hearts
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 am

Tears here as well it is heartbreaking that an owner that truly loves her dog can't keep it Charlotte I really hope you stay on the forum for a very long time it is a pleasure to know someone that has done everything they can for their canine companion, I hope that you can see from Janice's photos that he is at least having a good time, it is obvious to see the work you have put into Duke he is a credit to you, I so wish others would put in half the time you obviously have

Great photos Janice and your dogs are also a credit to you

Strange there is so much I wanted to say when I started this post but words just do not seem to come to me at the moment through the tears my heart breaks for your family Charlotte
Back to top Go down
SANDY A
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
SANDY A

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:39 am

Have filled in a application form but am having trouble in working out how to send it think
Not very good at this sort of thing lol....can anyone help please loon

Sandy x
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:47 am

You can either save it to your pc & then attach it to an email to us at lbdr@rescueteam.com or copy the whole thing & paste it into an email. good luck
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 am

If you are having trouble sending it try copying to a word document and then emailing to lbdr@rescueteam.com big smile
Back to top Go down
SANDY A
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
SANDY A

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 am

Thank you Gilly and Sharon i will give it ago,if i can't figure it out i will get my friend to do it for me in
a couple of hours clever pray

Sandy x
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 am

I didn't see Gilly had already answered I must remember to re all topic posts before I answer things oops
Back to top Go down
SANDY A
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
SANDY A

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:20 am

Think i have sent it right,could you let me know if you recieve it please crossed

Sandy x
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:34 am

Got it well done
Back to top Go down
dukeii
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
dukeii

PostSubject: to every1   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 am

Good evening all.....

I have to admit that it is really hard to see him on here & i want to cry each time but i am so pleased that he is having a blast with all the dogs in his foster home.
Especially Diva, i would be very sure that Duke is in love already....love1

U as a network have made this soooo much easier & infact i find it quite comforting to see all the support post left by u all, so thank you.

Anyway i do so hope that all of the dogs in foster & rescue find there forever homes soon as every being deserves a home & shouldnt be denied the love of a family.

There is gold at the end of the rainbow, light at the end of a tunnel & a home for every pooch rainbow1

love love love from me & my children...
xxx
Back to top Go down
dukeii
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
dukeii

PostSubject: help with the rescue   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:57 am

Gilly or Sharon,

could u please post the exact location again for the rescue as i would love to come & help out but i cant track the original post with the details? or maybe you could txt me.. im at such a loose end, if i cant walk my dog mayb i could help with yrs lol....

thank you x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke - DDB/DDB x GD   Duke - DDB/DDB x GD Empty

Back to top Go down

Duke - DDB/DDB x GD
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next