THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archie - Bulldog type -

Go down 
+12
angelpaws
SJC
Cooper2007
divadon
cgately
kpatchin
H
kmason8282
gaynor
dolittle
pyrotech
sharon
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Looking good Archie thumbs

So lovely to see him looking all happy big smile

Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Lots of positive vibes needed for Archie   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Archie is still behaving himself except ........he is like a small child always got things in his mouth and it turns out he's eaten 2 of Ruby's small tennis balls surprised

Only found out because I happened to catch him with one in his mouth and he promptly swallowed it, quick journey to the emergency vets and they x-rayed him and said 2 are in his stomach!! They have kept him in and unfortunately will have to operate. I feel really bad and have now ditched the remaining balls, bit after the event I know. All I want now is for the op to go well and Archie back with us safe and sound and missing a couple of balls ( for the second time in his life). Please pray and keep positive thoughts for him. I will let you know how things go and apologies for letting this happen, I couldn't feel any worse if I tried.

Angela x
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Oh my god poor Archie and naughty Archie, please let us know when you have him home and how he is

please1 by OK Archie thinking of you and praying you are OK get well Archie

Thinking of you and the family as well Angela
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Sending lots of healing thoughts to Archie hug

Hope he's back with you soon Angela xxx

Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:23 am

Big hugs for Archie. And don't feel bad Angela dogs like children do things out of your control you couldn't know he would swallow them! Hope he is home safe and sound soon xx
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: mischief   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 am

really hope Archies doing ok blow kiss

If its any consolation my old staff ate about 4 tennis balls over his life span (of 13 1/2 years!) He couldnt get enough of them, made him quite ill at times but he came through fine each time.

take it easy , H x
Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Archie update   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:49 am

Called vets this morning and he has had a good night, want to keep him the weekend so will pick him up Monday hopefully for biggest cuddles (but gentle ones).
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:51 am

Bless him sending him major healing thoughts

Love you Archie love1
Back to top Go down
cgately
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cgately

Job/hobbies : NHS hobby: my dawgy

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 am

aw Archie you pickle! shy

sending lots of hugs your way get well get well
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:06 am

Have you heard how Archie is today?
Back to top Go down
Angelpaw

PostSubject: Archie is home !!   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:13 am

The vets called this morning and he is so bright he is driving them nuts so picked him up about 3. He is quite subdued cos the vet sedated him a little so he would be quite quiet on the way home which he was and is but he is fine. Lots of cuddles given just 10 days of quiet time, no walks only out in the garden but that will be over soon. Will book him in for a check up at my vets on Thursday. He says hi and don't worry mummy is looking after him. All small toys now thrown away as vet said if they do it once then they will do it again !!!!

Thankyou for all the kind words and thoughts xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:45 am

Not sure why you have gone as Guest Have you changed anything in your settings?

So pleased Archie is back home with you please keep us updated on him
Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Oops   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Sorry had a middle age moment ( not quite senior yet) and logged on as a guest, sorry :(
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Glad you're back home Archie big smile

Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:53 pm

And I am glad you are back also Angela laughing
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:24 pm

get well soon Archie get well xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:40 pm

How is Archie is he feeling better
Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Archie   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:38 am

Hi Sharon yes the big man us back to normal, had his check up at our vets yesterday and they are very happy with everything. He has his stitches out on Wednesday. As I type this he is tugging at the cord of my dressing gown trying to get me to play!! It's the trying to keep him quiet we're struggling with now, he just wants to chase Tallulah up and down the garden.

Happy Easter to you and all at LBDR xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Pleased he is getting better

Won't be long before he can chase about again big smile
Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Archie   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:34 am

Just to let you know Archie is going from strength to strength. He had his stitches out on Wednesday and we took him for his first off lead walk yesterday afternoon. He so enjoyed it and was very good. I meant to take the camera but forgot so will do so next time so you can see how well he is doing. I have been doing some training with him as well and he is very clever.

Angela
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 am

Fantastic! This is so good to read gold tooth

Well done Archie & Angela xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 pm

So pleased Archie is back to normal and enjoying himself

Fancy forgetting the camera surprised we need Archie photos pics
Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Archie barking   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 am

Hi all

Just wanted to ask if anyone has advice on a barking dog when we go to work. Archie just loves human company and when we have to leave him to go to work the neighbours have informed us he barks virtually non stop what

They are ok about it but obviously Archie is quite distressed even though he has Ruby (my Chi cross for company).

I do leave the radio on and put down toys for him to play with, he is not crated but has the dining room and kitchen to walk about in.

Any ideas???? He is still a fabulous dog and we love him to bits. big smile

Angela x
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:21 am

For now I would crate him and cover the crate, there was no barking from him here when I did that he also did not keep on barking when in his kennel he would settle quite quickly,

You can also phone Shaun for some advise
Back to top Go down
angelpaws
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Archie   Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi Sharon

Can you call me on my mobile or home number, thanks.

07887 855668
01293 431160
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archie - Bulldog type -    Archie - Bulldog type -  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archie - Bulldog type -
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next