THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARCHIE - Mastiff Type

Go down 
+15
kayleighlawrence
Romeo
vexy
pyrotech
Angie
wadeherring
EmmaLouise
Linda
Alison
leevallins
clive
amanda
broox159
Cooper2007
sharon
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type Empty
PostSubject: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:16 am

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 01ddcc37

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 953d6a25

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 4392cfa9

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 7228cdc4

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 9a7058a6

Please meet Archie he is 10 months old and has come into rescue through no fault of his own the families work and living arrangements changed so they were no longer able to keep Archie

His mum was an Old tyme Bulldogge and Dad was a British Bulldog x Old tyme Bull Dogge

His foster home has nicknamed him Evo as in evostick as he sticks to him like glue, he needs some work on his lead but please remember he is only 10 months so that is not surprising, he has been good with other dogs he has met, he seems a lovely boy with a calm nature apart from when he first goes out when he can be a bit excitable until he has had his wee and poop

Archie has lived with a child

Archie is not cat tested

Archie would benefit from a home that would not leave him for vast amounts of time, if left he can start to chew so would need a home where they would work upto the amount of time left, although he has not chewed at all in his foster home but we were informed by his previous owner that he could

Last edited by sharon on Thu May 12, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 am

Archie in his home BEFORE coming to LBDR

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type E3054002

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 78bb3d53

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 498ea666
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:06 am

Wow, he's a wonderful looking chap.... hope he finds a home soon. Nice photo's of him.
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:24 am

Posting a link and details on FB!!!
Back to top Go down
broox159
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
broox159

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:56 am

Oooh, he's lovely! Would love to snuggle with him on the couch!
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Lovely looking lad.
Archie with a flash of white on his head, seem to have been there before methinks think
I know that lad has got a lovely home now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

I thought that when I saw him Amanda, strange same name as well surprised big smile
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Archie playing with some new friends today to see if he can go on to a new foster home.
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 079
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 066-1
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 072
ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 082
Back to top Go down
leevallins
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
leevallins

Job/hobbies : British Red Cross- Senior Service manager

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm

I think he has made some friends for life with the Archie and little Buster. They are getting on very well and he settled well this evening. Follows us around like a shadow when not playing with the other two.
:-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/leevallins
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Love the pictures Clive thumb up
Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Alison

Job/hobbies : IT Business Analyst. Into historical re-enactment, LARP, sewing and textile crafts, Ceroc, choral singing, reading, and obviously dogs.

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am

They look like they get on brilliantly. big smile

It's going to be interesting with two having the same name though - doesn't that make things a little confusing? laughing
Back to top Go down
leevallins
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
leevallins

Job/hobbies : British Red Cross- Senior Service manager

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:38 am

It's especially confusing when one over confident Jack russell needs telling off and putting in his place and the other thinks he is bieng spoken to. That said, nice when walking on the beach this morning and I called Archie and two dogs came running back to me, I think our little Buster may have to become an Archie as well, so much easier when out on a walk :-)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/leevallins
Linda
Committee member
Committee member
Linda

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:57 am

OMG he is so cute hug

Well done with Bonnie guys she looks great but still no good at poo picking rofl1 rofl1 rofl1
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 am

leevallins wrote:
It's especially confusing when one over confident Jack russell needs telling off and putting in his place and the other thinks he is bieng spoken to. That said, nice when walking on the beach this morning and I called Archie and two dogs came running back to me, I think our little Buster may have to become an Archie as well, so much easier when out on a walk :-)

Loving the way you are thinking lol! rofl1 lol!
Back to top Go down
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
EmmaLouise

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Wow! Isn't Archie a handsome boy! I'd even go as far as to say absolutely stunning!
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi All

Just a quick update on Archie while hes snoring behind me in his cage!

Ive been fostering him for a day and a half now and so far so good!

He gets on really well with all dogs and puts up with my 2 bossing him about, he also doesnt react to aggresive dogs in the park. He is good with people too and is becoming far less nervous every time someone new comes in. Overally he is very friendly.

He is strong on the lead but does eventually calm down but will still need reminding. He is also slowly learning that he is not allowed on the sofa here.

Will upload some pics soon but have put some on Facebook, Lily Theamericanbulldog if you want to have a look.

Wade
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Well done Wade Glad all is going well with the lad thumbs

Pics on here as soon as you can please, some of us not on face book shame
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:16 pm

thumbs
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:41 pm

That's great news to hear Wade... look forward to seeing the pic's of Archie. thumbs clap
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Have had Archie just over a week now and its going really well.

We had quite an interesting Tuesday. Archie went dog training in the evening and was pretty good despite being in a small hall with 20 other dogs. When we got home we gave him a shower and he really didnt seem to mind.

He is very affectionate loves a cuddle and will stick to you like glue when you walk around the house. Hes a very typical pup very nosey, likes putting his head in places to sniff, cupboards, the washing machine and your dinner plate!

He is very energetic and doesnt really settle until bed time when you wont hear a noise from him. I do try and give him 2-3 hours exercise a day, mainly on the lead but also off as I'm very fortunate that my in laws have a huge garden/bit of land that he can run around on.

His lead work is improving every day, how good he is on the lead often depends on how badly he needs the toilet.

He is submissive and will give in to my other two when they ask him, giving up toys and bed space.

Some nice people came to see him today so crossed

Archie and Lily in the crate:

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type Iphone152

Archie on his bed:

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type Iphone158

Archie at the in laws with my Lily and my sister's Akita pup:

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 89
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

You are doing a great job with him
well done to both of you and of course the girls clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks for the update thumb up
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 pm

If anyone gets any news on Arch please post it we miss him!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 pm

I am so sorry Wade I thought I had sent you photos and an update, will look for the photos now, think there might be some under Ella post
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Some photos

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 4d45b260

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 00827a4d

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 5ee4815d

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type C1af6de6

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type Abbb8cc2

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type C95452a4

ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type 7bd970e7

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARCHIE - Mastiff Type   ARCHIE -  Mastiff Type Empty