THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb Empty
PostSubject: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 am

Hi everyone big smile

We've arranged a visit to LUSH in Maidstone on Sat 4th Feb ( For those that don't know LUSH they are a soap /
bubble bath type shop with great ethics; Against animal cruelty, do not test on animals and actively support
animal rescues. Link to their website here: https://www.lush.co.uk/ )

How much we do on the day & how long we stay will depend on how many lovely people offer to help us out
on the day.
They've said we can stay all day so if we can cover the full day that would be great. Something like 10 - 5.

An idea of whats happening on the day:

* We will take some display boards down with photos / details of dogs looking for a home
* We will take the LBDR tshirts and try to sell those
* We will be selling a "sponsor a kennel" scheme
* We will take a couple of LBDR collection pots along & stand outside the shop
* We will take a couple of dogs along in their "I need a home" coats
* We will have a small raffle / tombola
* We will be handing out flyers out the front
* We will be doing anything else you can think off! Please post your ideas below

* LUSH will arrange face painting on the day & customers will make a donation to LBDR
* LUSH will get some "bath bomb" kits for customers to make in store for a donation to LBDR
* LUSH sell a body moisturiser called "Charity Pot" and they will arange for the proceeds of this moisturiser
to go to LBDR for the whole weekend (Thats whatever they sell Fri, Sat, Sun)
* LUSH will run a facebook competion on their LUSH MAIDSTONE facebook page if we can think of something good!
* LUSH will contact their PR team and hopefully get the local media down
* LUSH MAIDSTONE will create an "event" on facebook and invite all their customers

This could be a really fab day if we can find a few people to help out. We can really raise the profile of LBDR
in the local area and get our name out there!! And hopefully people will come to us in the future when they're
looking for a dog.
We could also raise quite a bit of cash which is always needed!

If you can spare a few hours on the day please leave a message below stating what times you can cover.

Thank you big smile
Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Ellie

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 pm

fab idea guys wish I was closer..

Also idea with the tshirts is LBDR pen's, mugs, mousemats etc, people cannot always wear tshirts into work etc but it is advertising and spreading the word!
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks Ellie gold tooth

We're working on other things to sell but don't have enough money
in the pot until we have sold the tshirts.

Lets hope we can shift a few at LUSH big smile
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 am

Hi

I'll have to get back to you as it's a Cooper Hydro session that Saturday, will try and switch to another Saturday as he's been reduced to forenightly sessions and we've done a 6 month block booking. Will keep you informed. crossed
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Lush   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:19 am

Hi Tracey, I can be there 1.30 onwards and can collect a pooch on route if that helps. Phil's happy to photograph. Should be a fab day big smile
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:09 am

Have switched Coopers appointment to Sunday, so can deffo help on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:38 am

Cooper2007 wrote:
Have switched Coopers appointment to Sunday, so can deffo help on Saturday.

Fab, thanks Lyn gold tooth

What times are you available?

And Heather, I know you've already answered this but I've forgotten scratch
Are you getting to the kennels for 1.30? So we can expect you at LUSH around 2ish?
Or will you be at LUSH by 1.30?

Thanks for helping out ladies thumbs
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Lush   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 am

Hi Tracy, to be on the safe side I would say we will be at kennels for 1.30pm. Lush for 2pm. Although we maybe earlier. we could call you on way from LBDR.

Hx
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:13 am

Hoping to be down early Saturday morning if that's ok with you guys! Around 9'ish!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:59 pm

OK just checking details big smile

Me, Tania & Lyn will be at Sharons for 9am (plus possibly 2 volunteers from Kevin)

Sharon has offered to load up her car & drop us off in Maidstone to save us worryng about
parking. We may still need to take another car with us though. Or if anyone needs to get
away after a few hours then they will need to take their own car.
Rob will follow us down and bring a dog in his car.

Neither Rob or Sharon will stay - they will get back to the other dogs.

Lyn how long are you able to stay?
Jo & Margaret - perhaps you could take over from Lyn? Or if you aimed to get there
around mid day it would allow a couple of us to shoot off for a quick coffee or something?

Bill - could you help out for a couple of hours early afternoon? I know you said you have
to be home by 4. Thats fine, maybe you could cover something like 12 - 3? Around 2 o clock
we need to get the first dog back to the kennels - we thought it best if each dog only stayed
a few hours instead of the whole day. Sharon has offered to pop back down to LUSH in the
afternoon to pick up a dog but she has a busy day with people coming to meet dogs so if we
can count Sharon out & get someone else to transport a dog back at around 2ish that'd be
better.

Heather & Phil will arrive around 2ish with the second dog and can stay til the end to help
pack up & clear away.
Martin was also around towards the end - I think the setting up & packing away times are
when we're gonna need the most help.

Have I missed anyone or anything off??

See you all on Saturday! gold tooth

Please, PLEASE no snow cold :xmas31:

Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:51 am

Hi ya

We'll probably stay still around lunch time'ish... could use my car to take some stuff down for the setup if it helps, i know it's a small car but can still pack some stuff away in the boot. Wink
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who helped out today, we had a fab day,
the dogs loved all the cuddles & we raised a fantastic £240 for the rescue! big smile
Back to top Go down
cgately
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cgately

Job/hobbies : NHS hobby: my dawgy

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:27 pm

that's really fantastic, well done everyone, fingers crossed that one of the gang gets a new forever home too respect respect thumb up
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:33 am

I wonder if any of our wondeful volunteers are any good at making
a THANK YOU card for LUSH? They were so great to us yesterday, we
took over their lovely little shop with our dogs and all the staff were
so friendly & helpful.

We thought maybe a card with pictures of some of our dogs and maybe
the LBDR banner or something? I'm no good with stuff like this plus I
dont have a printer.

It would need to be done fairly soon, in the next few days. And if it
can be sent to us we will arrange for one of us to drop it off at LUSH

Please can anyone help? big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb   Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb Empty

Back to top Go down

Volunteers needed please! Maidstone Town Centre Sat 4th Feb
Page 1 of 1