THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Plank Boxer X

Go down 
+16
Cooper2007
cushti
Chester's mate
kpatchin
broox159
Chris&Neo
divadon
Ellie
kmason8282
SJC
blueribbonuk
dolittle
SANDY A
Delo
vexy
sharon
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chester's mate
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
Chester's mate

Plank Boxer X - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 am

I think odd/humourous sounding names help to draw attention to a dog and get them noticed - which is want we want.

I vote Plank. thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36731779@N03/
cushti
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
cushti

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:05 pm

wot about Tank?

He wants to play loon
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Plank went out for the day today gold tooth
He went to PAWS IN THE PARK at Kent Showground and he was fab! He was friendly towards
all other dogs he met - and there were loads!!!
He enjoyed lots of cuddles from anyone willing to stop and fuss him hug
He got spoilt rotten and managed to sweet talk most stall holders into giving him a free sample
of various different dog treats - his favourite of which was, by far the fish treats! URGH!! sick1
He won a certificate for taking part in THE DOGSTABLE COURSE - well done Plank!! clap
He run the hurdles and only knocked the last couple over oops
He wore his "WANTED - Forever Home" jacket and got loads of enquiries.
Fingers crossed someone gets in touch and snaps him up soon pray

Heres a few pictures from Planks day out ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150445898633312.456343.735388311&l=73323bce8f&type=1

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:23 am

He had a brilliant day and has slept since he came on, great photos of his adventure with you and Tania
Back to top Go down
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Ellie

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:58 am

Lovely pictures!! big smile big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 am

Plank has another visit tomorrow from the family wanting to adopt him keep everything crossed guys crossed
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:09 am

Fingers are crossed for Plank... hope the visit goes well! crossed crossed crossed
Back to top Go down
SANDY A
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
SANDY A

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:35 pm

crossed Good Luck Plank crossed

Sandy x
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:29 am

How did the visit go Sharon???? question
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:28 am

They have just left spent a good few hours here, Plank loves their daughter and played so well with her she is used to dogs bigger than him as they had a very large male Neo which unfortunately they lost, he was so good doing everything she told him to do

Planks has just started his journey to his new home

Good luck Plank try your hardest to be good and not wreak the house

Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 am

That's fantastic news so pleased he got on well with their daughter... so pleased for him. Be a good boy Plank, enjoy a new life in a new home!!!!! thumbs thumbs thumbs clap well done
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:17 am

Plank has gone????
OMG YAY Plank!!! Thats such good news thumbs
Be happy you dozey lil bugga xx blow kiss
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 am

Yes Tracy he has gone to start a new and hopefully wonderful life big smile
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 am

Yet more good news, best of luck Plank..... fantastic
Back to top Go down
Delo
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
Delo

Job/hobbies : Martial Arts Instructor

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Thats awesome crossed He's going to be a great dog clap
Back to top Go down
SJC
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
SJC

PostSubject: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:09 am

This is wonderful news, he is such a gorgeous boy, be happy Plank!

cheers

hugs

Back to top Go down
Mel
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
Mel

Job/hobbies : LBM

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:41 am

great news.well done Plank. clap fantastic clap fantastic thumbs
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Message from Plank renames Homer

Quote :
Hi Sharon and all..
Just to let you all know how my first weekend went. Well, I went out for my morning walk to the beach as usual. However, I got a bit spooked by the loud traffic on the way there and got a bit scared. I backed up to a wall and my new mistress spoke softly to me for a few mins until I calmed down. This is all new to me so I think she understood! We continued our walk and I was fine. I met some other dogs and I was a good boy, I said hello nicely and got alot of praise. A few people commented on how handsome I was!

Mia had a party to go to at lunchtime on the pier so I was taken out for another trot on the promenade. It was a lovely day so there were lots of people around. After we dropped her off, my mistress thought it would be a nice idea to walk to a hotel with outdoor seating on the front so they could have some lunch.... somewhere quite she said. So we found the perfect place and I settled down nicely. There was only another 2 people there. After about 10 mins a huge wedding party came out to join us. There were screaming children running and falling about and a lady with a camera shouting alot. I just sat quietly watching them all. I was so good I got a treat for my behaviour! A couple of hours later I was taken somewhere new where I met 2 nice ladies who bathed me and blowdryed me. I wasn't so keen on the blower on my face! I watched my new owner as she came to collect me through the window and I sat so still watching her. When she came in I let her sit down and then came to say hello. The ladies said that I was a very patient boy and they all gave me lots of praise.

Sunday.

Today I went to a place called Dunwich forest. I was a really good boy in the car just laying quietly and tending to my bone. When we arrived my mistress got a little upset. I think it surprised her, but the last time she was there was with another dog before me. Anyway, we went for a lovely walk. I was so relaxed. There were loads of new smells, foxes, deer, dogs, frogs, horses and the sound of birds. I spent most of the time making a grunting sound and I also did my business. I normally wait till I get home and go in the garden. I got lots of praise so maybe I'll go when we walk out on the beach. On the way home I was taken to sit outside a restaurant on the beach in Kessingland where I met lots of new people. They were all pleased to meet me and again, I was a good boy for all of them. When we got home the eldest daughter brought her dog round and I met him in the back garden. I was on my lead thought. He was very nice and kept laying down so I could smell him. I am a bit clumsy though and managed to stand on his bits and pieces! He yelped a bit! They left after 5 mins so I didn't get too excited. Later on before it got dark I had another walk and had my tea a bit later. It's been a good weekend and tomorrow I would have been here a week. It's also my mistresses birthday so a little milestone for both of us. I like to snore loudly and have woken myself up a couple of times. I am also learning the word No. I can't chew the plants or trees and I can't play with the rabbit either. I can also lay down on command now, I have to keep practicing, but I get treats if I get it right.

Ok, I'm off for another walk now before it gets dark. Thank you all for looking after me so well...

I am sending you some pictures of the weekend. I hope that you like them.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Plank Boxer X - Page 2 Th_b7491455

Plank Boxer X - Page 2 Th_e64a7df7

Plank Boxer X - Page 2 Th_4e8b6ffc

Plank Boxer X - Page 2 Th_7f784382
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:18 pm

Aaahhhhhhh Plank! Thats so lovely to read thumbs
I'm dead chuffed for you yes
Never good to tread on anyones bits & pieces though - please
be more careful you dozey thing! doh
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Email from Homer big smile

Quote :
Hi Sharon and all...

It's me again with a little update on what's happening here. Well, I've been here almost a month now and am settling in nicely. I am still being a good boy and am learning all the time. When my mistress takes me for my late afternoon walk, it's daylight when we leave and dark when we get home. I am not so afraid of the dark now. Autumn is well and truly here now and when I'm out on my walks my mistress does this strange thing with all the leaves on the ground. She kicks them around and laughs alot, but I just look at her. I thought she might be a plank! Today though, quite unexpectedly, I got it! We were walking over some grassy area covered in leaves when all of a sudden I was overtaken with an overwhelming urge to play. I threw myself on the grass and rolled around time and time again. I had a leaf in my mouth and feet in the air. I was rubbing myself all over in the grass. I was very happy! When I sprung to my feet and bolted at my mistress, I'm glad she was prepared or I would have had her off her feet! She made me calm down quickly though and gave me lots of strokes. There was a main road nearby! She also doesn't like it when I sometimes get boisterous during my walk and jump up at her. She makes me sit down and gets my attention with a treat. I made the mistake of jumping up at her yesterday when she had the pooh bag in her hand. As soon as my nose got a whif, I decided not to jump again. I pulled a funny face and she really laughed. Also I have decided that when we are out, I no longer want to do my business on the pavement. Now I move to the edge of the curb and go on the road. I also have a favourite place to go and it's outside a ladies house who is not very kind. I saw some horses on the beach the other day. I was made to sit down and just look. My mistress wasn't sure how they or I would react, but again I was a good boy and watched with interest. I do the same with the birds that cluster together on the sand. Occasionally I will make a bolt for them, but they're too quick for me. I have met lots of new dogs on the beach and their owners really like me. I especially like the ladies, however I did see a big Neo cross yesterday and tried to get a bit playful with her. She didn't like it much and gave me a growl to warn me. Good job I was on a short lead. I am very good with all the people who visit the house, especially Mia's friends. They think I'm wonderful. I also get so excited when either my mistress or master have been out and come home. My master went out for a couple of hours this morning and came home just as I was coming in from my walk. I can't tell you how pleased I was to see him. Ok, I will go now as we went for rather a long walk this evening and I'm a bit tired. I will have more photo's done this weekend so will send you some next week. I miss you all and send my love....x

Homer xxx
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Homer, it sounds like you're having a blast! cheers
I'm so happy for you little fella.
Bet you've grown loads - cant wait to see some photos xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:42 am

latest email

Quote :
Hey to all my wonderful friends

I hope that this email finds all of you well and happy. It's been so busy here! I have been having wonderful walks on the beach, even this morning. My mistress had her brother come to stay from Spain and I was so good for him. My mum said please don't excite Homer too much, but he didn't listen. So I took him off his feet in one swift move...they all laughed, but I was very good from then on...Well, I have never seen Xmas before but I took it all in my stride. We had some visitors, a big guy and a big girl, very lovely. So when they came for a drink after dinner one day I was introduced, and they loved me. Especially the lady. I managed to slip onto the sofa and sit between them. I didn't look so large! I have to say I was a bit cheeky!

Well, I also have to say that I have never seen a Xmas tree like it. 12 foot high and beautiful. I love to lay in front of the open fire and stretch. There is a large fella with a red suit that apparently comes down the chimney. Can I just say that if I catch him, he's in trouble!!! However, he did leave me a new bed.... oh so comfy, I feel like the princess and the pea! I also got a lovely stocking full of nice things too. I have been so good with all the family. My mum makes sure that I wear a coat when we go out. She says that although I have a fur coat I can still get a cold. But my mum also has a fur pelt on her top lip... she says it's normal as she's Spanish!!! today I wore a lovely head set... a pair of antlers and I didn't try to chew them either. They took some photo's of me in front of the tree wearing my new head gear.

Tomorrow we have more friends coming over and they are all taking me for a walk on the beach to Pakefield, we are stopping for a drink outside the Jolly Sailors and then coming home for lunch. We are having such wonderful weather.My mum says that this is the best Xmas for years, and what makes it complete is me. Some lady called me Magnificent the other day. She's right, I am! I love it when Mia comes down in the morning. She says I have a soft head in the morning, all cuddly.

I just wanted to say a really big Thank You for taking me in and looking after me. I dread to think where I would have ended up if you had not taken me in. I was just a scared puppy and you had the kindness in your hearts to rescue me. My mum says that God moves in mysterious ways and does not pay his debts in money. You will one day be rewarded for all the kind work you do. You don't benefit, only the likes of me, and for that I am truely thankful.

Wishing you all a very merry christmas and a happy new year.........

Much Love

Homer......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:45 am

FAB!! I love hearing your stories Homer xx big smile
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: merry christmas   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:34 am

love right back at ya homer love1
and your family, as if it wasnt for great families who give forever homes, it really wouldnt all work thumbs thank you xx and have a great time together xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plank Boxer X   Plank Boxer X - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plank Boxer X
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next