THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruno - Cross breed

Go down 
+11
Grumps
Angie
kmason8282
Cooper2007
dolittle
clive
vexy
divadon
wadeherring
kpatchin
sharon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

Bruno - Cross breed Empty
PostSubject: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 pm

This is Bruno, he's a cross breed...........Perhaps a Mastiff x Shar Pei think not really a large breed more medium but as he has been waiting to come here since December we really could not turn him away,

Bruno has been in the pound now for five months, (a pound that if the dog is well adjusted they keep until they have a space for them) he had a very had leg injury when he was picked up and had to have an operation, but no broken bones he could have been hit by a car, he has a few scars on his body because of this, but no one apart from Bruno knows what really happened to him, he became a favourite at the pound and would spend much of the day around the office area, they do not allow dogs to mix there so he has not been around dogs until he came here, he has been out for a walk with Little Joe and did not really take much notice of him, seemed more interested in the rabbit holes and having a good sniff around, he is quite strong on the lead but if you had been stuck in one place for five months I think you would be pulling to see what is new to sniff

Because of his interest in the rabbit holes think we should say no small furries in the home

He has been very clean in his kennel so would think at one time he did live in a home, he loves being made a fuss of, he waits patiently for his food and is very gentle when taking food from your hand

Bruno - Cross breed A2a4ff13

Bruno - Cross breed D7abd35a
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 am

Sam and I took him out on his first walk with Doug and he took no interest in him either. He seems a sweet dog and look forward to seeing him again.
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Lovely! In the first picture he looks like a mini Archie!
Back to top Go down
divadon
Homecheck & Transport Coordinator
divadon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 am

He sounds a real sweetie. Hope he finds his forever home soon.

D
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 am

This boy is a real sweetheart, if someone is looking for a smaller latge breed he would be perfect, so wants to be with people
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm

I took Bruno to the vets at the weekend for his first vaccinations & what a little sweetheart he was, so well behaved :pet:

I know he is not very big but he is a smasher & I am very tempted to bring him home myself...........Yes I am smitten with a little 'un hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 pm

the very affectionate Bruno today
Bruno - Cross breed Bruno1
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Bless him love2
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 pm

The very charming Bruno today
Bruno - Cross breed Bruno4
Bruno - Cross breed Bruno3
Bruno - Cross breed Bruno2
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Bless him he does love a cuddle
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:17 am

Bruno is fab. He's so affecionate & loves to snuggle up close for a cuddle.
He's walking so much better on the lead now. He really listens and hardly
ever pulls - unless he sees a pheasant!
He's been out quite a few times with some of the other dogs and he never
shows any interest in them, just happily plods along and lets the world pass
him by.

Has anyone else noticed the bizzare way he goes to the loo? He reverses
him bum right back into a bush and lifts one of hes rear legs up & forward
so that its right under hes chin and hes balancing on 3 legs - very odd. He's
done it a few times now and it makes me chuckle every time. Yesterday he
reversed back into a holly bush and I felt sure he'd quickly jump up but no,
he just squatted in the holly!

He really is a lovely little boy yes

I hope he gets snapped up soon coz he really deserves it hug

Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:12 am

Poor Bruno is not getting any interest at all bless him and he is such a wonderful boy

Think we need to get him out and about so people can see him

If anyone is able to foster Bruno which will help in getting him seen please let us know and fill out a foster application form :thanku:

He is not overly big so would not take up much room
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:02 am

Put a post up on FB. Really hope someone will notice him and want to give him a home, he seems such a wonderful dog by what everyone has said here about him. thumb up
Back to top Go down
kmason8282
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kmason8282

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:28 am

As a thought, in S-o-S, we have the annual airshow coming (30/31 May). There will be thousands in attendance even if the weather is poor.

If nothing can be sorted our short term how about I take him (or another) doggy walking with a loud and proud dog vest with the words:

HELLO
I need a FOREVER HOME
ask for details

May get some valued exposure. Last time I walked him he was a jem of dog

Just an off-the-cuff thought
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:31 am

Brilliant idea Kevin big smile
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:29 am

That is a good idea... crossed you never know, there may be a potential rehomer or foster helper out there thumb up
Back to top Go down
kmason8282
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kmason8282

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Trying to get two dog vests printed ready for this weekend. Wording needs to be short and sweet therefore is:

WANTED!
FOREVER HOME
Ask attendant for details

... cool with everyone?

Assuming I can get them done in time is Bruno ok for a weekend down by the seaside?

Sharon, if you can pm me re his temperment
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Coat sounds great thumbs

Have messaged you big smile
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Bruno is the most effectionate dog you could ever meet. hug love2 He will give you all the love you want. love2 Not too sure about other dogs though laughing
Back to top Go down
kmason8282
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kmason8282

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:04 am

The dog coats are being collected today so all things going well I am still 'Go' for a Sunday collection.

I am concerned the dog coat will be too large for him but I has been a rush getting the existing items printed at is was.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in taking another dog to the dog show, accompanied with an LBDR dog coat, let me know as I can provide transport you can just follow me or make your own way there.

I am attending the Sunday show so the itinerary is as follows:

Sunday 29th May
14:00 - 17:00

RAF Falcons Parachute Team
Tucano
Tutor
SAR Sea King
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Lancaster, Hurricane & Spitfire)
Hawk
RN Merlin
RN Solo Lynx
RV8tors
Breitling Wingwalkers
P51 Mustang
SWIP Team (Twisters)
Vampire
Blades
The Red Arrows

Due to traffic going to the show I am looking to get to Southend @10:00 so if you want to come feel free to let me know or just follow me, or indeed make you own way to show with and LBDR dog/LBDR dog coat in tow. If you want to go own your own with one of the dogs I will leave one of the coats at Sharons.

Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Have a good day, I hope the weather stays dry, Bruno behaves himself & don't forget your camera pics
Back to top Go down
kmason8282
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kmason8282

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:01 am

Well ... Bruno had a day out at the seaside.

The airshow was very busy and Bruno spent @ 3.5 hrs on the beach front 'catwalk'. He had his new LBDR dog vest on with the words "WANTED, FOREVER HOME, ask attendant for details" and he did receive alot of attention. From the outing I had 8 people ask directly about him and all of those people asking were given contact details for LBDR. I think we would have even more interest if I had a shirt/jacket showing LBDR dog rescue labels. I suspect people were not sure whether the offer of a home was for real or not as so often I kept hearing people reference Bruno as I walked by. Oh well ... lessons learned, however if I can find another event similar i will happily do the same again .. fully kitted out this time.

Bruno was very well behaved throughout. Actually ... a gem though he kept smearing my sunglasses when he licked my face summer

Anyway fingers-crossed Bruno. Hope you had a good sleep last night as it was a long day and you and I did burn some miles did we not! sleepy

Sorry ... for all the rushing yesterday around I did not even think about a camera.
Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:49 am

Bruno yesterday out for a walk with Wade, thanks to you and your other half for the help thumb up
Bruno - Cross breed DSCF0082
Bruno - Cross breed DSCF0081
Bruno - Cross breed DSCF0080
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:50 am

Look at that smile on his face on the last photo love2
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:18 am

He's so handsome!

Love him xxx love1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruno - Cross breed   Bruno - Cross breed Empty

Back to top Go down

Bruno - Cross breed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next