THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
soraya

Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 pm

1. You will need an image host. One of the easiest to use is photobucket http://photobucket.com/ <--click on that link to take you to photobucket.

2. Top right of the photobucket page, JOIN HERE. Set up an account.

3. It is advisable to create a new album otherwise your photos will all go into your default album, and they're difficult to find. You can sort them out later, but this will break the links to forums.

4. Click on whichever album you want to put photos in.

5. Top of the screen Upload images and videos...click on that, and then browse your computer for the picture(s) you want. Double click your chosen photo, and wait................
(Sometimes Photobucket can be very slow at uploading, other times it will whizz through!)

6. Give your photos titles if you want, and then click SAVE (or it might say SAVE & SHARE).

Your photos are now ready to share.

7. Hover your cursor over the chosen photo and you will get a drop down choice

EMail & IM
xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct link
xxxxxxxxxxx
HTML code
xxxxxxxxxx
IMG code
xxxxxxxxxx

It's the IMG code you want, click into that box, and copy. (May have to right click and chose copy)

8. Come back to the forum and PASTE into your post, it will look a bit like this [ IMG]https://2img.net/h/i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/youraccountname/picturename020-1.jpg[ /IMG]

9. Press the preview button below your posting, and check it has all worked.

10. If happy, press SEND.

11. Voila! You've posted your photo.

12. It does get much easier when you've done it once!
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

Job/hobbies : Animals..hum Animals Ohh and Animals

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 am

Ok ..Im going to sound dumb.. is that so you can add a pic on the side of your posts...HELP
Back to top Go down
soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
soraya

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:13 am

No. The instructions above are for posting photos in threads.

What you need is an avatar. If you add a photo to photobucket, and then EDIT that photo, or RESIZE, you can choose.......mmm can't remember whether it says TINY or AVATAR.

You can then add to your profile.

Come back and ask again if that doesn't make sense!
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:16 am

humm ..ok Im lost can I not just upload them from my Pc straight to the site .. or off Facebook... crying
Back to top Go down
soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
soraya

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 am

I see you cracked the avatar.

For photos in posts, they can't be loaded direct from your computer, they have to be hosted on-line, i.e.photobucket.
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 am

yes I figured it out... The Picture I have is of my baby Tiberius ... his just over 5 months old ... I will have to get a good Pic of both my boys or Romulus will get jealous...lol
Back to top Go down
soraya
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
soraya

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Tiberius hearts He is a gorgeous chunkster!
Back to top Go down
Sonanimalcrazy
LBDR True friend
LBDR True friend
Sonanimalcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Thank you soraya
he is yes.. had him weighed last wk and he was 6stone 10 lb ....chunky monkey
Back to top Go down
Jo M
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
Jo M

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:15 am

Woops posted in wrong place..... sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.   Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum. Empty

Back to top Go down

Step by step guide to posting photos on the forum.
Page 1 of 1