THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shade - HOMED

Go down 
+6
jellyfish292001
kmason8282
H
dolittle
clive
sharon
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Michelle-H
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

Shade - HOMED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:07 am

gold tooth Fabulous news. Hope all works out ! xx
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Well done Shadey Lady.

Im so chuffed for this little man xx gold tooth
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 am

Fantastic news!!!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:27 am

SHADE IS NOW HOMED

BE HAPPY SHADE REMEMBER WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT AND BE A GOOD BOY WE WILL MISS YOU BUT ARE SO HAPPY SOMEONE HAS GIVEN YOU THIS CHANCE
Back to top Go down
Nic D
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
Nic D

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 am

Brilliant news!! fantastic
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 am

He had a special place in my heart THANK YOU for giving him a chance he deserved it. cheers
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:10 am

Well done Shade, be good little man xx love1
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:33 am

So happy brought a lump to my throat!
Have a great life Shady boy xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:09 am

Got this today

Quote :
Hi Sharon and team,

We`re really pleased and surprised how well Shade is settling in. Our grown up Sons Dave and Chris come round to the house (he already reconises them) and walk him several times a day round the fields and gardens. At night after his last walk around 10 pm Jon sits in the kennel for another half hour chatting to him! When we leave him and go to bed he barks for about 5 mins then settles down - only barking for a minute or two if the security light comes on during the night (foxes I presume)

So all good so far - all of us have fallen in love with him already ! even Ben and Willow don`t take too much notice or him and he or them. This morning he was out with Chris walking about 8 a.m and I let Ben and Willow out - they came face to face (with Shade on the lead obviously) - Willow just went back indoors on the sofa and Ben stared for a second then carried on round the garden.

Thanks very much for the links - very useful. Will be in touch again soon with more updates, I`ll try and send pictures too.

Best Regards, Clare and Jon X

Although Shade is still in a kennel at the moment, although have to say very spacious and top of the range right up by the house so he is involved with all the comings and goings, it is hopeful in time he will be in the house with the other dogs, but the house would be to much for Shade to cope with at this stage, Shade needs tiny steps which we are very pleased he seems to be getting
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:39 am

This is really lovely news. thumbs
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am

That made me very emotional I am so pleased and they sound like just the right family for him xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 am

UPDATE

Quote :
Hi Sharon,

Just to up date you all on Shades settling in ! He`s doing really well still, he knows all of us well now and is only wary of strangers - some he barks at and some he seems to be happy with - its quite good because there are always people coming and going all day at ours so hes getting to socialize well. Jon lets him off the lead in the fields a few times a day so hes getting lots of excercise. He`s eating well and taking treats from us very gently.

Obviously hes still very bouncy and excited when we take him out but thats getting better by the day and we all know to try and keep him calm.

Hes an absolutely lovely dog and we`re so pleased to have him! Ben and Willow are getting used to him, although they haven`t been all out together off the lead yet - too soon still ! but Ben doesnt spend his life staring at him any more and Shade wags his tail when he sees them.

Best Regards, Clare Jon Shade and family
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 am

Aaah fantastic!

This made my day gold tooth

Knew you could do it Shadey xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 am

I have the biggest of smiles across my face after this update, if you know Shade and this does not make you smile and give you a warm feeling in your heart then there is something wrong with you

Read this !!!!

Quote :
Dear Sharon, Team and doggies,

Happy New Year - Lets hope lots of dogs are suitably re-homed this year !

Update on our Shade - Shade has settled in almost completely now, he plays in the garden and runs in the fields with Ben and Willow - who have accepted him well, although they both tell him off now and then (as he`s very much the baby!) He comes in the house at every possible opportunity - the other day he ran straight up the stairs into my bedroom to find me - bless him ! bounding about the house like a big bear, we have to try to keep him calm. But outside he`s free to run and play as he likes. He still sleeps in his kennel outside and often runs back to it when he`s unsure of anything or anyone, but a lot of his day is spent in the gardens and fields with Jon and the other dogs.

He is used to all of us and even recognises all our car sounds ! He`s a happy and loving doggy and we wouldn`t be without him.

Ben has really benefitted from having Shade with us, as he constantly spends time "rounding him up" like a true sheep dog - the excercise is very good for them both of course and Shade loves the attention and playfullness of the activity.

All things considered everything is going very well with our lovely Shade.

Thanks to you all, keep up the good work ! and once again - a very happy new year !

Best Regards,

Clare, Jon, Shade and family (Butler)

X

I bet you are smiling big smile

Well done Shade and the Butlers, all he needed was somone to give him the time he needed, oh and a big field to play in happy dance
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 am

crying Blubbing like a baby after reading this crying

I'm so proud of this boy, he's come such a long way - what a journey
he's been on since landing at LBDR!!

Well done that family clap
Seems you're just what our Shadey was looking for thumbs

Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 am

Brilliant. Well done Shades new family respect
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:47 am

so so happy to read this he deserves nothing less
xx big smile happy dance
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:28 am

Soooo happy for you little man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shade - HOMED   Shade - HOMED - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shade - HOMED
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2