THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED

Go down 
+10
Angie
kmason8282
mastifflover
Chester's mate
kpatchin
dolittle
divadon
tomnemma
H
sharon
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Had a really good weekend, had a beach top walk yesterday. We saw quite a few other dogs but they were off the lead so we didnt get too close. She saw them and when she realised they werent taking any notice of her she kept an eye on them but didnt react.

Today we went for a walk with my sisters DDB Densal. Jen was as good as gold. Densals a very confident in your face type but very friendly. We walked round there and Nicola came out with Densal and without any fuss we just started walking down the lane. Densal looked at her then didnt really take any notice of her so she immediately relaxed and walked along quite happily. We over took each other a couple of times, they both stopped to sniff stuff and Jen got to sniff him up the bum first and then we swapped round. Densal wasnt as delicate as Jen but she was fine! Good as gold infact so we walked along together, fab.

We ve even had a few calm meetings with the cat in the house by accident! One was that I forgot the cat was in the front room curled up on top of the sofa. Jen wandered in to see Nicola and didnt see the cat. Then I came in with her lead to take her out, she turned and saw the cat and I saw her look at me and she made that split second decision to ignore the cat and came bounding to me. Hooray! Might be a different story out in the garden but a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:34 pm

A few more pics
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 001
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 002
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 003
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 004
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 006
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 007
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 008
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 009
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 010
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 011
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 013
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:36 pm

You are doing so well with her well done

Great update and wonderful photos big smile
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 026
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 036
Beautiful from all angles...
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 030
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 029
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 038
JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 020
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm

She is such a pretty girl love2
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:21 am

lovely pictures of Jen, she looks so content and happy thumbs
Back to top Go down
cgately
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cgately

Job/hobbies : NHS hobby: my dawgy

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:51 am

awww, what fab pictures, she looks really content and happy love
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:53 am

Just at the start of our walk yesterday evening Jen launched herself at one my neighbours dogs. shame My neighbour was walking her yorkshire terrier past my drive just as we came out. I had Jen on an ordinary lead and the halti so she didnt get far just pinged back to me. And got told off for her trouble. Shame after we had such a good walk with Densal the other day. She just doesnt do small furries and strange dogs at the moment. So the combination of the two things so close to home was a bit too much for her!

I think it will be her long term issue which will take time and patience to resolve. She didnt do anything growlly but did bark and launch. What would have been good if we could have walked down the road after them (at a distance) but the they were nearly home.

Shes pretty perfect in all other respects bless her.
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Took Jen pup back to the rescue today for her new forever people I am sure she ll have a five star home! Be good Jen, missing her already seems weird her not being here this evening. She deserves a happy life and lots of love and cuddles. Love to Jen. love love1 blow kiss hearts
Back to top Go down
lwicks
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Jen In Her New Home :)    JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:35 am

Hi Everyone,

I have photos to upload later so keep an eye out!
On Jens arrival, we opened the back gate for Jen to come through she went straight into
the house wasnt really too bothered about the garden at first. Came in and have a snuff around for about
20 minutes then went upstairs for a snuff too!! She is such a good girl, she slept all through the night
I was really worried if she was sleeping or not so kept on checking up on her, She didnt get up
in the middle of the night at all. When going outside this morning she came out with us
then went back inside and sat quietly until we came back in too open the door for her to
go back into the lounge and she went straight into her bed. She has a couple of nice
cuddly bears in her bed but has not got hold off them yet.. they are laying in bed with her.
She is sleeping in her bed as I write this. So far she is settling in excellent. :)

We love her and I can see why everyone else loves her too.

Will upload photos later :)

Love Laura, James, Sally and Baby Jen

xx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:41 am

Really pleased Jen had a good night, just take things slowly with her

Look forward to photos big smile

Huge thank you to Tracey for taking such great care of Jen in foster
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:49 am

The plan was to foster but it was touch and go at times.... if it hadnt been for the cat I could have been a failed fosterer!!!

Glad she s had a good first night, she wasnt really in to early mornings! Yes pictures please!
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Be happy Jen and new family x Welldone LBDR and fosterers for making it happen thumbs
Back to top Go down
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:03 am

Good Luck Jen xxx

Be good gold tooth
Back to top Go down
lwicks
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Jen forum   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:03 am

Hi everyone...
i am trying to upload some new photos of Jen.
could someone please advise how i can attach them on the forum?

would be grateful.

Laura xxx
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:23 am

Look forward to seeing photos big smile

Hopefully this link will help you

https://lbdr.forumotion.com/t1195-how-to-post-pics
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:27 am

So pleased Jen has found a home Wink thumbs

Love the photo's of her (mastifflover) she's very photogenic yes

Looking forward to new ones of her in her new home thumb up
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes very pretty girl! Missing having a cuddle with her but really happy she has a lovely forever home happy dance Pics wanted when you can ! big smile
Back to top Go down
lwicks
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: jen bullmastiff   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi everyone

sorry have not posted any.new photos.of Jen
as you all know its always a busy time when a rescue
dog is settling in... she is great will message on here about her
and photos at weekend.
Wink
we all love her

love James, sally and Laura xx
Back to top Go down
lwicks
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie

PostSubject: Settling In Photos   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Here are the photos below that I have promised that I would put on the forum.
Jen is a very good girl and we are so surprised on how well she has settled in.
As we all know she is really into her food. She is just a star, she didn't even pick up a
pair of socks that were on the floor. While left on her own for a little time, she gets very excited
when you come through the door, what a lovely surprise to have when you come back from work.

She had a bath with a groom-er and she didn't mind having a bath
but it was the dryer she was not too that sure on. We have taken her to the fields and she loves it.
She even has a little jog and a run with us, Obviously from what tracey said that she does pull on the
lead if a dog is coming towards her.. we are going to see how she gets on within the next couple of weeks,
if we feel this is more of an issue then dog training will be needed. We sat in the park with her yesterday while there were
dogs around her and she wasn't really bothered about them, not even the onces off the lead. I feel if you
are calm, then she will be calm with you.

We are so happy to have finally given Jen the forever home she has always deserved. BTW she responses to
Jen Jen not Jen lol.

I hope you all like the photos big smile

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 2012-05-16150545

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 2012-05-16150545

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 JEN11

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 JEN10

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 JEN7

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 JEN6

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 JEN9

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 JEN1

Will update more photos when blue-toothed over to the computer

Love Laura, Sally and James Wink

Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Great update so glad Jen Jen is doing well thanks for posting the pic's she looks right at home thumbs
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
dolittle
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
dolittle

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Beautiful girl hearts
Look at her all snuggled up in her very own bed in that last picture hug
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:35 pm

OMG those pictures are fab, love the one with the teddy! How lovely. Im so happy. Thank you for having a rescue dog. Give her some time and yes training classes are always a good experience for them. Lucky Jen pup. x
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Great photos she is looking very content big smile

Really pleased things are going well so far and I hope it continues, she could push her luck a bit once her feet are well and truly under the table, that is a Bullmastiff thing, rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 am

Just wondered how Jen was getting on? Often think of her. Nicola and I send love and cuddles and hope all is well. love hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED   JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

JEN - Bullmastiff - HOMED
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next