THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PASCAL - DDB

Go down 
+7
cgately
mastifflover
jellyfish292001
tomnemma
EmmaLouise
clive
sharon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 am

Pascal is a male DDB about 2 years old

He was a very skinny stray but has now put on a lot of weight, been castrated and had his vaccinations

He is easy to train with food reward

Pascal is an extremely large boy

A little wary of strangers but would think in a home this would settle but easy to get around with food

He will have a full assessment as soon as possible

Hopefully photos up tomorrow

Back to top Go down
clive
Committee member
Committee member
clive

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Ok here are a few pictures of the big man Pascal, not sure about the name but hey, dog is great thumbs
PASCAL - DDB P4
PASCAL - DDB P8
PASCAL - DDB P11
PASCAL - DDB P10
PASCAL - DDB P13
Be quick on this one before the dog trainer snaps him up again surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
EmmaLouise

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:05 pm

I am in love. Fact ooh if only I had more space....!
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:42 pm

He is nice isn't he and very big
Back to top Go down
tomnemma
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
tomnemma

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:56 pm

surprised he is a stunner, in rescue !! omg .. wont be in for long ...
Back to top Go down
jellyfish292001
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 am

Walked this beautiful boy today and what a dream he is. He fell in beside me and patiently waited when asked to, ignoring the cars, vans and motorbikes that passed. He loved fuss and was happy to approach my son for an ear rub.
He could do with building up his stamina as he was shattered by half way round!!!
Back to top Go down
mastifflover
LBDR Good friend
LBDR Good friend
mastifflover

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:05 pm

I saw him Saturday. He really is a very handsome boy. crossed
Back to top Go down
cgately
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cgately

Job/hobbies : NHS hobby: my dawgy

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:18 pm

what a stunner...... love
how on earth do these dogs end up in rescue!! Rolling Eyes angry
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:24 am

surprised OM Goodness what a stunning boy he is. What a smooshy face he has love2 love2 love2
Back to top Go down
divadon
Homecheck & Transport Coordinator
divadon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:39 am

Gorgeous love1

D
Back to top Go down
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
EmmaLouise

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I can't stop looking at this handsome boy. big smile
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 pm

He is handsome isn't he

We wanted to have his assessment done by now but so far only got half way through it been a bit busy to concentrate on it unfortunately but hope to have it done by Friday

He went out on the group walk last night and was happy to trot along with the other dogs, although I think he might be a bit protective of the home with strangers once introduced loves everyone and in the street fantastic but he will bark if someone he does not know goes upto his kennel, as soon as the door is open and he comes out he is fine and just want a fuss
Back to top Go down
EmmaLouise
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
EmmaLouise

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 pm

He is lush!

The girls are the same, if anyone is at the door they aren't happy yet as soon as the door is open they're daft buggers!

I can't wait to hear how his assessment goes. I don't think you'll be graced with his presence for long, thats for sure!

Why did he come into you? He's pulling on my heartstrings...
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

He was a skin and bone stray believe it or not, somebody once though did love this boy
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 am

assessment

Dogs Name: Pascal Breed: DDB Sex: M Age: Approx 2yrs Date: 27/02/2012
SITUATION Dogs reactions
Person casually walks past dog while dog is eating (meal or special food) Pascal appears to have very good food manners and is not bothered by movement around his food bowl
Person tries to pick up bowl while dog is eating (meal or special food) Pascal ignores food bowl as soon as you pick it up
Person tries to pick up food that has fallen to floor while dog is trying to reach it Pascal moves very slowly towards the dropped treat once it is covered he investigates but makes no attempt to get it
Person tries to touch or take away high value food that dog is eating or holding Pascal easily lets you take away high value food
Person tries to touch or take away a toy that dog is playing with Pascal appears to have no toy motivation
Person reaches hand towards dog Pascal loves any form of attention
Person reaches over dog’s head Same as above
Person tries to put on leash and/or collar Pascal remind very calm once collar and leads go on, he loves attention and sees this as attention
Person grabs at dog’s collar or neck No unwanted behaviour no signs of aggression slight appeasing behaviour
Person pulls on dog’s collar or neck Same as above
Person hugs dog around neck

Pascal sees this as affection
Person pushes down on dog’s back Pascal sees this as an invitation to play
Person pushes down on dog’s rump Pascal sees this as play but can cause him to get excited and a little frisky
Person tries to get dog to lie down by voice command Pascal knows this command well
Person tries to get dog to lie down by physical pushing Same reaction as pushing on dogs back
Person tries to get dog to roll over on its back by physical manipulation Pascal once in the down very easy to get him to roll over for a cuddle
Person tries to groom dog’s head , torso, or legs (ie other than feet) Pascal has no problem with grooming he loves the affecttion
Person touches dog’s feet or uses comb or scissors on dog’s feet Pascal sees this as an initiation of a game and then goes for a belly rub
Person clips or tries to clip dog’s toenails No issues shown
Person tries to bathe dog, including towelling off after bath Reported to be fine having a bath
Person tries to open dog’s mouth Pascal lets you open his mouth and put your hand all the way in
Person stares into dog’s eyes Pascal has no problem with making eye contact he is a real baby and wants attention all of the time
Person shouts loudly near dog

Pascal looks in the direction but shows neither aggressive or appeasing behaviours
Person threatens dog with object such as newspaper or with hand Pascal hides and looks for reassurance but is not to fearful
Person drops an object near dog Slight startled response but carry’s on with what he was doing
Stranger knocks on door or rings bell at dog's home Pascal seems to pay no attention at all
Stranger enters house Pascal will stand and will admit a low growl to a stranger however he made no attempt to go forward to that stranger
Stranger in house tries to pet dog Not tested because of previous test
Stranger approaches dog in car Pascal settles easily in the car and showed no unwanted behaviour towards the stranger
Stranger approaches dog on street
Pascal does not appear to have any issues
Another person touches or hugs person with dog At the moment does not appear to have any issues
Stranger shouts loudly in dog’s presence Outside no issues but no tested inside due to his warning signs.
Dog walks past familiar non reactive dog Pascal appears to be very respectful of other dogs, and greets them well
Dog walks past unfamiliar non reactive dog Same as above
Dog walks past familiar reactive dog Pascal will walk away if he feels threatened, but hasnt shown any aggression
Dog walks past unfamiliar reactive dog Same as above
Pascal as per the breed characteristics seems to make strong attachments very quickly. He is very playful and over excitement can lead Pascal to become frisky. Pascal is wary of new people coming into the home and will growl but once he knows they should be there and ok he becomes friendly. All these behaviours were shown at the time of this assessment conducted by Shaun Aldridge (Ruff Diamond Dog Training); however these behaviours may change in different circumstances.
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:14 am

What a stunning ginger Rottweiler, if only I had the time ,space and fully functioning body . I'd certainly be after this boy.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Pascal has visitors over the next couple of days keep your fingers crossed for him crossed
Back to top Go down
H
LBDR helper
LBDR helper

Job/hobbies : Love dogs, love walking dogs, love being with dogs, love reading about dogs, just love dogs :) like some folk too :)

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 pm

everything crossed for you Pascal , hope you get to go to your forever home soon dog in car
Back to top Go down
divadon
Homecheck & Transport Coordinator
divadon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 pm

crossed crossed crossed

D
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:58 am

Pascal has been homed big smile

Be happy Pascal
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 pm

PASCAL - DDB Pascalchristmas_zpseb82b0d8

Merry Christmas Aunty Sharon and all your helpers,
Hi everybody, hope you like the photo of me under the Xmas tree at my new house. I have had a great year, first I came to live with you for a bit and then I got these new owners who I have managed to train very well, they now take care of my every need, bed by the radiator, food twice a day and big walks in the countryside, life couldn't be much better really. I want to say a very big thanks to YOU because if it wasn't for you and all your hard work (and your helpers of course) well I dread to think of what would have happened to me , so thank you very much xxxxx
We hope that you have a fantastic Christmas and a very happy new year, keep up the good work

Slobbery licks

Pascal. (And my new mum and dad)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PASCAL - DDB Empty
PostSubject: Re: PASCAL - DDB   PASCAL - DDB Empty

Back to top Go down

PASCAL - DDB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM :: Rescue Dogs :: LBDR rehomed dogs-
Jump to: