THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs

Go down 
+22
p990rnp
pyrotech
cal
Chris&Neo
kayleighlawrence
vexy
Chester's mate
pudding1
wadeherring
Alison
tomnemma
dolittle
Linda
kpatchin
Mel
amanda
clive
broox159
Angie
Ellie
Cooper2007
sharon
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:30 am

Good girl Misty hearts
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
Ellie
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Ellie

Job/hobbies : Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:58 am

She has such a gorgeous face! big smile Why hasn't she been snapped up yet?
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

[size=12]Today I took Misty Neo & Kodi for a great walk on the moor we had great fun, Misty was uninterested in sheep & other animals (very good Misty) Again she was excellent on the lead,& she was on a split lead with Kodi (in one hand & Neo in the other!) I was very pleased with her! Oddly she & Kodi hit it off well.

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Bhmon015

we met a friend while out who took hold of her lunge rein for me ...

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Bhmon013

Also, when we got back home Kodis family had arrived & Misty met "children" (9, 5 & 18mths) So if any one wonders what she is like with kids ... she is great!

Now I know this is about Misty, but look what we found!!!!

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Bhmon005
Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Bhmon007
I wasn't born yesterday but this little lad was!
He is smaller than Neo!

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Bhmon011
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:27 pm

so pleased Misty is being a good girl

Loving the ponies
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:26 am

I got this through from a trainer that had seen Misty before she left here and she said to give you this information to see if it would help you Chris

Quote :
Wonderful news about Misty settling in. If you speak to foster carer jsut a couple of tips that may work for the sit. a) when out for a long walk or if on lead and she feels Misty may be getting tired, hold the lead slighlty shorter so as to prevent a 'down', she may then offer a sit instead, reward immediatley with high value treat. b) may take longer but if she sees her in a sit at anytime to reward with high value treat. If high value treats are kept just for this Misty should learn the association that 'sit' gets her a tasty treat, when she offers it a few times she can then add the word 'sit' as shes in a 'sit' Misty should then start to associate the word 'sit' with the behaviour. This is a more positive way of doing it than pushing the bum down which she may object to and i wouldnt recommend. It may take a while to do it this way but if she is offering 'downs' in mean time instead i would say thats great as you can use a down also in most situations such as if she goes off on a chase or sees another dog etc. Though it may help as i didnt get time to carry on working with her on the 'sit'
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Play Misty for me ......   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks Sharon, I am trying hard to get her to sit, down ect but it's just not happening! She is no trouble at all, no accidents for a few days now & asking to go outside so I'd say house training sorted! Good girl Misty! She still steadfastly ignores all Neo's efforts to play with her .....

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Stuff011

Although she will play with people & I've noticed she is slowly but surely gathering all Neo's garden toys up & stashing them in her crate lol, her favourites are the squeaky toys she gets very excited by them - Neo has a silly game he plays with his little squeaky's he chews them to squeak then starts howling along .. it is too funny .. Misty really doesn't know what to make of this at all, she stares at him in disbelief then runs in circles I will try & get a video!
She is kind of in her own little world & plods around quite happily but she takes no notice at all of anyone telling her what to do like she just doesn't care!!! She is looking great (had a bit of a messy eye when she got here but that's cleared up now) she's put on a bit of weight & is lovely & shinny.
She is fine with other dogs & good with kids of all ages, like I say no trouble at all, but wont be doing obedience any time soon!! lol no laughing
Back to top Go down
wadeherring
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
wadeherring

Job/hobbies : HR Officer&Doorman/Dogs and Weightraining

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

Glad to see Misty is settling in well! Other than her housetraining and a bit of chewing she was perfect as ours.

She is not a playful dog! She will have her own little games with a toy and occasionly would chase Lily if everyone else did.

I had no luck with sit either, took her to a class and although she does a good 'wait!' she is not interested in sit, maybe its just not comfortable for her?

I always miss her noises especially the snoring!
Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
kayleighlawrence

Job/hobbies : Out of hours doctors

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:24 am

When i took billy to training they said to sit next to him and put my forearm into the bend on his legs and to slightly pull the collar at the back of the neck and say 'sit' as he went into the sit position. I took a while for me to get the technique right but he now happily will do sit but only for a treat! Lovely to see the new pics of misty x big smile hearts
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 2:35 am

The thing with Misty and Corrina they came from show kennels where they would have been taught to stand and not to sit, from a every early age, when showing your dog you do not want it to sit in the show ring, so they might find the stand command easier to work out and as long as they stand still if they are told if there is danger about I think that is OK instead of a sit, my own dogs although they know the sit command I use stand if I need then to be still and not move, but that is just me and it might explain the girls reluctance to sit big smile
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:32 am

That is a good point, I was not aware that she was from show kennels, that certainly would explain why she does not do it easily, mind you her stubborn streak met mine this morning! I told her to sit for her breakfast, ....she looked at me blankly ..... so I sat & waited her out ... it took an hour & 25 minuets but suddenly a light came on & she sat down, she got lots of praise & of course her breakfast, so I got some treats & had another try ... 10 mins this time! Some dogs you can just press lightly on rear end & down they go but Misty braces against any attempt at that so it is not the way to go it would turn into a struggle that she would probably win & that wouldn't help at all!
It is quite funny how obedient Neo can be I keep tripping over him sitting all over the place waiting for a treat lol.
Yesterday I got both dogs a squeaky toy, oh my goodness does Misty love a squeaky toy! She is having such fun with it & looning around the garden squeaking madly with Neo! I think they are quite liking each other now. thumbs
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:31 am

Sounds like you are beginning to win well done thumbs clap

Made me laugh that Neo keeps sitting rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
cal
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cal

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:27 pm

If misty and corrina were show dogs, and u have got them Sharon, does that mean they were just discarded when they were of no use??
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:35 pm

cal wrote:
If misty and corrina were show dogs, and u have got them Sharon, does that mean they were just discarded when they were of no use??

No not at all, the person had a serious heart attack and although she tried to keep all of her dogs her health would not allow it so she has kept all of the old ones and tried to find homes for the others, some have gone to other rescues and some to show kennels this was a very hard thing for them to do
Back to top Go down
cal
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
cal

Job/hobbies : I work for a independant, family run jewellers. Great job!!

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh right, such a shame but at least she done her best for them all.
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Ok I have been having a few problems!! But I have had a good think about Misty, if she has always been in kennels with her sister she must be sooooo confused, She has left the only environment she has ever known & been left with a crazy lady with a huge spoilt male dog!
So, I've let her off the tea towels, knickers! Tea shirts, remote control, dustpan, various brushes, bedding & coffee table that she has eaten, & Im trying to get the picture of her running round the pond with next doors cat in her mouth out of my mind!!!!! Don't worry the cat is fine!
Obviously for her anything lying about is a toy! & she does love to play!
Now one thing that was not good at all was her behaviour in the crate - Messing & ripping up her bedding basically, but we seem to be winning with that now, being cross & telling off is not the answer because she has no idea what she did wrong! So I have altered her meal times, she now has her main meal at lunch time, in order to let everything go through her system before bed, through the day she has learnt to ask to be let out if she needs to "go" which is great. Now we have a clean crate in morning & no accidents in the day .... very well done Misty.
I had to get a bit more creative with the bedding thing, to start with all bedding out! Tough love but it showed her a soft bed is good, still chewable but good! Then when I went upstairs to bed I tied a line to her collar, through top of crate & yep, all the way upstairs lol, so every time I heard her digging (always a prelude to chewing!) I yanked on the line, it took 3 yanks & she stopped & amazingly I did not need to yank at all the next night, now we have a clean crate & bedding intact! I think this is really good, she learnt it very easily & now loves her crate & hides her toys in there!
The chewing of stuff is ongoing I could put a muzzle on when Im busy around the house which would stop her doing it but a/ I only have one that is for Danes & the like & it just wont do on her face lol!!! & b/ stopping isnt the same as teaching her not to, so I have bought her some toys of her own, this delighted her she really loves the squeaky ones! I also give her & Neo plenty of things they are allowed to chew - rawhide bones ect, I am being sure to not leave things about that may tempt her & have sprayed sofas ect with bitter apple, at the minuet that is working & she hasn't ripped up the wrong thing for 3 days now, again very good girl Misty.
The sit is going from strength to strength & Im happy to say she will sit for her dinner straight away & the same for a treat produced at odd intervals .... in fact she has worked out that I often have treats in my pocket & will sometimes sniff the pocket then sit in front of me.
It is early days but in the short time she has been here she has worked out that life in a home is good especially when she is, she will now play running about games with Neo (Yippee!!! he is so pleased) & she really loves lying on his bed, he will get off to let her if she looks sadly enough at him & they are nearly at the point of lying on it together.
She is so friendly & loves everyone I said before she is good with kids, today she was trotting around the garden with my grand daughter happy as larry.
Next we are working on the jumping up at people thing, but she is keen to learn & catches on fast so I don't think that will be a problem.
Misty is going to make some one a great family dog I hope she finds a really nice home bless her.
I will add a few more pictures later
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:33 pm

[size=12]Some nice happy Misty Pic's .......

Relaxing Misty .....
Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Moremisty002

Ditto .........
[Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Moremisty001

Posing Misty ...
Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Moremisty005

Pretty Misty ...
Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Moremisty008

Playing Misty ....
Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Moremisty012

& Playing with Neo Misty ... she had just taken toy out of his mouth! ...
Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Moremisty009
/size]
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:42 am

You take some wonderful photo's Chris and Misty looks so happy big smile Love the last one of the her and Neo playing yes
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:50 am

Well, I've been ordered by a certain party, whose name I cannot reveal because of a super injunction taken out by her husband Howard, to post an update on Corrina. Well she arrived last Monday, a fairly subdued and confused young lady.

The first couple of days her appetite was very suppressed, and aside from being taken on her lead into the garden, she pretty much confined herself to her crate, or to curling up in a corner , if you spoke to her you got a slight tail wag, and a head lift . Taz for some reason steered clear of her and went about his normal day.

no messing , no damage, which is great but equally no enthusiasm.

By day 3 she is starting to wander about more, but seems to have a problem with door ways, especially the french windows, we would all pile into the garden calling her, and she would start to follow, but baulk at the door. Still having to put her lead on to get her into the garden. no resistance to going. She's coming when called in the house, and starting to show affection, but slightly concerned its more a submissive response rather than one of affection. Have given her a soft toy polar bear, and persuaded her that it does in fact need its eyes, this she has confined to her crate and acts as a pillow at nights.

Day 4 more out of herself, but still problem with the door way to the garden, but when daughter arrived home from work a real tail wagging bouncing greeting and a bit of competing with Taz for the attention. Attempted to climb on the sofa to join us that evening, but only managed to cause a bit of laughter as she struggled to get her hind feet up.....

Saturday......We do not encourage Taz to chase cats, in fact in general he ignores them, but he does have a mortal enemy who lives behind us, who persists in sitting on top of the back fence taking the mickey. Mid afternoon , Taz flies out the back door in full voice , and before we could blink Corrina, is off after him also letting cry, but having no idea why. Suddenly she's at the top of the garden with Taz both strutting their stuff.... Not a problem with the door since. In fact since then she has gone flying out of the door after some perceived threat on two occasions. She trots off down the garden now to do her business , even in the dark.

She has one disgusting habit I was not given any warning about, the damned bitch French kisses.... so one cannot utter any words of endearment or encouragement whilst giving a cuddle. She has a tongue that can be compared to a bloody killer whales.

Like her sister , basic commands are alien to her, but we are not pushing it , rather waiting for it to occur naturally , then issuing the command as she does it for herself.

Her appetite is still a bit down, but improving, she's only in her crate at night or post a meal. She's very subdued when on the lead , just follows as if what ever is inevitable . Oh her coat is like a sponge, so you don't want to be the object of her affection if she's just come in from the rain...yuck,

Bad points, none really , Taz is treating her like a little sister, concerned about her, but does not want to be seen with her....if you know what I mean. Only a couple of play episodes between them so far, and both quite brief. I'm not actively encouraging them to play together as I do not want Taz replacing Misty, rather I want an independent Corrina. If she carries on developing as she has not sure she's leaving...

no pictures as Corrina wants to wait till her figure is back in shape !!!!!! or maybe because somebody has been to lazy to get a new camera battery.... take your pick.

Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:14 am

Yep ... as I suspected, I got the naughty one!!! I sure don't encourage cat chasing in fact I have a cat, but my cat Monkey does her own dog training! it consists of rolling around the floor & daring the dog to join in! Misty is fine with her & will happily lie with her in the garden. Next doors cat is another matter Im still not sure how it ended up in misty's mouth but it hasn't been back since!
Misty leapt on my sofa once to investigate my parrot but the parrot bit her nose & she has never tried again!surprised I think my animals do a fair job of sorting each other out! lol
Im glad to hear she is settling bless her, both her & Misty must be wondering what the hell is going on. I do hope Corrina feels she is "fit" enough for some pictures soon!
shy
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Wonderful updates :thanku:

Wonderful piccies too Chrissy fantastic

Now if a certain lazy sod would get his finger out maybe we could see some pics of Corrina crossed
Back to top Go down
kayleighlawrence
LBDR Newbie
LBDR Newbie
kayleighlawrence

Job/hobbies : Out of hours doctors

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Glad to hear the girls are making process, i have just rehomed a Pug X who we have renamed Misty as she has the same adorable mouth and makes the same strange noises and we all loved Misty LBDR. Corrina will definatly come out of her shell she just takes a bit of time to trust people, its worth the wait as she is very affectionate and loving she has alot to offer. big smile
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Wonderful update on Corrina Pyro, can't wait for the pictures to occur... eventually gold tooth Wink thumb up
Back to top Go down
Chris&Neo
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Well I have to say I am impressed with Misty, she learns things so quickly! She has the sit totally nailed now - does it all over the place lol! & no more chewing, I've been expecting a relapse to be honest, but no she hasn't even been tempted by things I've deliberately left lying around! She is soooo sweet with her toys it's amazing, I'm guessing she hasn't had them before, she gets them out to play & when she is done carefully puts them in her crate! Better than my kids ever managed! She & Neo play lovely games with them as well & will take them out of each others mouths. Bless her she badly wants to be cuddled & loved, but she knows that Neo is a little jealous of me so doesn't push it!
She had me in fits today, Neo heard something outside & went of barking like a fool, at that she nearly jumped out of her skin then went of to lend support ...... have you heard her doing big barking, even Neo stopped barking just to watch her ... tooooo funny for words! WOOF snort WOOF snort!!!! lmao!!
rofl rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
pyrotech
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
pyrotech

Job/hobbies : pyrotechnics Working dogs

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:42 am

These are for my favourite nagging woman....(Gilly). Taking pictures of Corrina is not the easiest thing in the world, the world moves at her pace...except when a pigeon has the gall to land on her patch, then things go into hyper drive...looks quite amusing, as she charges off with the hackles on her neck and at the base of her tail raised.

Been with us for two weeks and after a slow adjustment she has settled in quite well. no problems of any real nature to report. Takes most things in her stride. Much prefers a stroll to a walk , will occasionally allow Taz to play with her

Toys are not her thing, though she does seem attached to her polar bear, which has to be inspected every time she goes in her crate.

Her vocal range consists of strange soft cat like mewing and a full on mastiff bark with nothing in between so far.

Her persistent licking has almost gone, now she comes for a genuine cuddle rather than what seemed like appeasement.

Has acquired the knack of getting on the couch and becoming invisible.

Despite seeming very laid back in the extreme she does at the end of the day appear to have all the good Bull Mastiff traits,

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 100_0510

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 100_0511

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 100_0512

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 100_0513

Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 100_0514
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:16 am

:thanku: Not sure what you mean about the nagging think ..............Maybe you aregettng me mixed up with someone else confused

She is looking quite at home now well done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs   Corrina & Misty  - Bullmastiffs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrina & Misty - Bullmastiffs
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM :: Rescue Dogs :: LBDR rehomed dogs-
Jump to: