THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LARGE BREED DOG RESCUE FORUM

LBDR web siteHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stubbs - Mastiff cross

Go down 
+25
oldmick
Alison
Angie
lennybear
nursegrowl
Mellonz
Chester's mate
kpatchin
diesel
greatdanewelfarescotland
divadon
Cooper2007
clive
SANDY A
dylansmammy
gaynor
Mel
Dawny
EmmaLouise
amanda
Sonanimalcrazy
julie
sharon
mad dog lady
vexy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
oldmick
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
oldmick

Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:30 pm

No I burnt my hand at the weekend
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Hope it gets better soon I bet it is sore
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Great photos.
Just look where his backside is laugh
That first photo really is a chillaxxed one of you all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.largebreeddogrescue.com/
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 am

Fantastic photo's of Stubbs... he looks right at home on the sofa... bum right in the arm pit laugh nice n comfy!!!!!!

Hope your hand gets better soon... thumb up
Back to top Go down
gaynor
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
gaynor

Job/hobbies : dogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogs

PostSubject: Re:Stubbs-mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:26 am

rofl rofl rofl
He`s a hell of a big dog to squeeze himself into such a small space
Back to top Go down
oldmick
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
oldmick

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 am

Well just got back from our training class and we are both drenched but we were awarded our bronze obedience today and to be honest I was carried by stubbs who yet again excelled himself thumbs

Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 1086568448_VJs2F-M
Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Alison

Job/hobbies : IT Business Analyst. Into historical re-enactment, LARP, sewing and textile crafts, Ceroc, choral singing, reading, and obviously dogs.

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:43 am

oldmick wrote:
to be honest I was carried by stubbs

Goes without saying since *you* have never been obedient in your life na na

Well done Stubbs clap
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:53 am

Well done both of you clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:51 am

Well done Mick, I know how you feel Tullulah is always correcting my mistakes in agility and makes me look better than I should. Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Committee member
Committee member
Angie

Job/hobbies : DOGS reasearching family tree

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:52 am

clap Well done Mick and Stubbs. Stubbs is a quick learner, I think he was waiting for you to catch up laughing
Back to top Go down
Linda
Committee member
Committee member
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:37 am

Wow that's brilliant clap clap clap clap clap

Well done to you both thumbs
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:21 pm

clap both
Back to top Go down
gaynor
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
gaynor

Job/hobbies : dogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogsdogs

PostSubject: Re:Stubbs-mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:36 pm

clap Well done both of you thumbs
Back to top Go down
vexy
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
vexy

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:56 pm

WELL DONE to you BOTH clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
Cooper2007
Committee member
Committee member
Cooper2007

Job/hobbies : Job: I do things on computers, Hobbies: Dogs & XBox

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:16 am

WELL DONE THE BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!

thumbs thumbs thumbs well done happy dance
Back to top Go down
oldmick
LBDR Member
LBDR Member
oldmick

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:50 am

Well Stubbs and I have just finished our second course of dog training and everyone admits he is greatly improved, me not so much doh apart from the agility course which all I can think of is demolition derby when he does it sorry

As the training field is close we walk to it and I was so pleased with Stubbs today because as we walked along the road some one had there dog out in there garden and it flew at the fence as we walked past and Stubbs to he credit did not bark or growl once that’s not to say he totally ignored it but considering the provocation he was fantastic

He still has faults and licking being one of them especially after a meal of tripe but we are so very lucky to have him and there is not a problem in the world that is not eased when he rests his big old head on your lap
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 am

They do get better at agility and Stubbs has the speed to compete when he stops knocking everything over, plus people enjoy watching the big dogs as they are far more entertaining. well done for getting him past the fence most dogs mine inc. take the bait. Keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 am

You and your family are doing a fantastic job with Stubbs Mick thanks for sticking with him, I know with all the work you are putting into him you will have a dog to be very proud of clap clap clap
Back to top Go down
amanda
Committee member
Committee member
amanda

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks for the update.
You are both doing great thumb up
Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Alison

Job/hobbies : IT Business Analyst. Into historical re-enactment, LARP, sewing and textile crafts, Ceroc, choral singing, reading, and obviously dogs.

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:02 am

I've just taken advantage of the LBDR discount code at Pettastic (plug!) to order a couple of agility jumps to practice with at home since both Stubbs and Uno are equally renowned in their respective classes for their ability to take down every single jump!
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:09 am

How high are they making them jump?? They should be at the middle for aleast a year and gradually putting it up to max height. Did you get them through the tunnel? My dane "chester" would amaze everyone by getting through, although did get stuck on a tight bend.
Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Alison

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 am

I'm not sure about the height for Stubbs as his class is during the day when I'm at work - I'm sure Mick will appear at some point and reply.

Uno is in a class which includes an elderly terrier and a young Ridgeback, neither of whom are supposed to jump too high, so the jumps tend to be set really low which I think confuses her - which isn't difficult Rolling Eyes The one week we had them a bit higher (about the middle) she did much better. Uno hasn't gone through the tunnel (it's taken several weeks to get her to even go up to it!) but I think Stubbs does - his commando crawl through narrow spaces at home when it suits him is quite impressive. And the only way Uno can do the weave poles is to go all the way through turn and go back - if she tries to actually weave she gets stuck (and therefore even more confused) as her body is longer than two spaces in the weave. To be fair, confused is a word that gets used a lot about Uno in conjunction with training classes laughing
Back to top Go down
kpatchin
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
kpatchin

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 am

Uno is about the same size as Chester and we remove every other pole for the weaves and he goes through great Wolffies and Danes aren't bendy enough for that length Stubbs should be alright. Chester used to pick up the tunnel and run with it as that was far more fun than going through, but the agility clubs one he started jumping on it before he would go through. Doug was petrified of the tunnel to start and is fine now, but still haven't managed the see saw or dog walk, as it's too scarey if jumping off doesn't work he lays down and won't budge. Tullulah loves it all and was the easiest she was scared of nothing and trusted what I was asking her to do and is competing in 2 weeks for the first time, don't expect to win as long as she does a clear round I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Alison
LBDR Friend
LBDR Friend
Alison

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Stubbs is such a helpful boy...

Today he helped me plant a hedge. He found several ways to 'help', Sticking his head in a hole to see what was going on while I was still trying to dig it was one. no Digging up the first whips while I was still planting the last ones - presumably in order to ensure that I put them back in properly - was another. no Finally he watered them in for me as only a boy dog can really do Rolling Eyes

And this evening he has been supervising Mick very closely while he sorted out the latest bag of bits from our lovely butcher.

I can't think how we ever coped without him laughing
Back to top Go down
sharon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
sharon

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

rofl rofl rofl Trust Stubbs rofl rofl rofl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stubbs - Mastiff cross   Stubbs - Mastiff cross - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stubbs - Mastiff cross
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next